Trust Issues (Chapter 35 Part IV)

Armoni POV:

"Aaliyah isn't yours." Aireka blurted out. The room fell silent and I wanted to turn to see his reaction but at the same time I didn't. The room remained silent as everybody held a confused expression on their face. Suddenly, Jerome erupted in uncontrollable laughter.

I turned around to look at him and he was genuinely laughing like somebody had told the joke of the century. He leaned his body on mine for support as he wiped tears of laughter from his eyes. "Bitch stop playing with me before I get mad." Jerome chuckled as he shook his head. "I'm still tryna figure out who invited your trifling ass over here. You a joke man, just get the fuck out." I could hear his tone of voice change so I knew he was slowly getting pissed off.

"Jerome, baby she's not joking." Ms. Jocelyn told him quietly. I could feel his body stiffen and my heart started racing. "I invited her here so she could finally tell you the truth." Ms. Jocelyn continued to explain. Jerome's body began to shake with anger and mine began to shake with fear. I felt like we were about to witness a murder.

"Bitch why would you lie about some shit like that?" Justycee yelled as she tried to lunge at Aireka. Ms. Jocelyn pulled her back and sat her back down in her seat. I could tell she was fuming with anger because she had tears running down her face, her leg was bouncing up and down, her fists were clenched, and her chest was heaving up and down as she breathed heavily.

The room was silent and the tension in the air was thick. Aireka was standing in the corner with fear on her face as tears raced down her cheeks. Imani had a look of shock on her face and Jeremy was shaking his head with a disapproving look on his face. "I don't believe you, that baby look just like us." Jerome finally spoke up.

"She's not your child Jerome." Aireka replied simply. I turned slightly in his lap and grabbed his hand, making it a little harder for him to push me off of his lap, just in case he wanted to try to kill Aireka.

"So then who's her Daddy?" Jerome finally asked. He asked the question everybody wanted to know and I was honestly scared to find out the answer. Aireka didn't respond verbally but her eyes did enough talking for her. We all followed the direction of her eyes as they landed on Jeremy. My eyes widened instantly and I was hoping and praying that she just had a problem with her eyeballs.

"What you looking at him for? What you tryna say? Open your mouth and I se your words bitch! Say what you gotta say?" Imani said leaning up from her position on the couch. I said another prayer, hoping Imani wouldn't come off the couch. If she did, damage would be done. Aireka remained silent and Imani stood up.

"Imani no." I mumbled, shaking my head. Thankfully, Jeremy grabbed her hand and pulled her back down on the couch to stop her from putting her hands on Aireka.

"So this is who you fucked during our break up, huh? Your stupid ass didn't use a condom when you fucked her dirty ass?" Imani yelled at Jeremy before pushing his body away from hers and slapping him upside his head. I could see the anger and hurt in Imani's eyes and I felt for my sister.

"Of course I did, I ain't stupid." He responded making me look at both of them sideways. What the hell was going on? I was shocked as hell and this information was all new to me. I didn't know what to say or think about this fucked up situation.

"So why the fuck is she saying that Aaliyah is yours?" She yelled before hitting him again.

"How do we even know she's telling the truth? She don't have no damn proof or nothing!" Justycee interjected.