Trust Issues (Chapter 41 Part III)

ARMONI POV:

I sat on the front pew with a prayer shawl over my lap. Jerome stood behind me rubbing my shoulders while Ms. Jocelyn fanned me, my mom held my hand and my Daddy gave me sips of cold water. The paramedics were checking my vitals while asking me questions.

"What's today's date?"

"July 15, 2000."

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Three."

"Concentrate and follow my pen with your eyes."

"Good job. Which president is on the penny?"

"Lincoln."

"What's your full name and birthday?"

"Armoni Lashae Jones, March 7th."

"Her vitals are fine and she's coherent but her blood pressure is high. We won't transport her but have her rest and then check her blood pressure in a few hours. If it remains the same or raises, immediately take her to the ER." The paramedic instructed us as he unwrapped the blood pressure cuff from my arm. "Make sure you stay hydrated and try to relax Ms. Jones."

"Yes sir, I will." I nodded my head.

"We'll make sure to monitor her, thank you so much." Mama assured him, standing up to shake his hand.

"Sorry for your loss, try to take it easy." He said patting me on the shoulder and giving me a warm smile.

"Thank you." I smiled softly. I sat there taking deep breaths as instructed. The paramedics packed up all of their equipment and left while we remained seated until I finally got up from my seat on the front pew.

I was a little sad that I missed going to the gravesite with the rest of my family. Maybe it was a good thing, I didn't see them lower her into the ground. I probably would've jumped in the grave with her, on top of the casket.

I sat there, trying to collect myself until I heard a familiar voice behind me. "Hey Mookie. We don't wanna crowd you, we just wanted to check on you to make sure you were okay." Andrea spoke up, coming over to hug me. To my surprise Yana, Stanley, Erica and Terrance were all standing behind her as well.

"You guys!" I whined as fresh tears fell from my eyes. Them being here meant more to me than they would ever know.

"Mike wanted to be here too but his cheap self wasn't trying to pay that fine for missing part of training camp." She laughed, making me frown. Jerome never mentioned anything about a fine, if I knew that there was a fine, I wouldn't have asked him to come.

"We love you and we're here." Tatiyana added as she wrapped her arms around me as well. I closed my eyes and held them tightly.

"What are y'all doing here?" I asked, once we pulled away from each other. I wiped my tears with a Kleenex Stanley had given me. I had no idea they were coming because they never mentioned coming so I was honestly shocked that they were all here.

"Jerome flew us out so we could be with you. We landed this morning." Erica informed me, making me smile. She came and wrapped her arms around me. "Your tribute was beautiful, I'm so proud of you and I know your Granny is too." She said, I smiled and I laid my head on her chest as she rubbed my back.