Trust Issues (Chapter 31)

Jerome POV:

"Daddy, where we going?" Li asked me as I led her out of her elementary school by her hand. She'd gotten her report card today and she had a parent teacher conference as well.

Aaliyah's grades were good and she had good reports from all of her teachers. The only thing she needed to work on was running her mouth so damn much. Each one of her teachers said that she was respectful and that she was a good student but she talked a lot during class.

"Get something to eat." I replied as I unlocked my car and started the engine to get some air circulating. "Where you wanna go, Princess?" I asked her as I opened the door for her and made sure she was inside.

"Chick-fil-a." She responded once I got in the car, making me roll my eyes. All this girl ate was chicken, if she kept at it, she would turn into one. I placed both of my phones in the cup holder and started up the car. 

"You wanna go see Mookie?" I asked her.

"Yeah Daddy!" She said excitedly, making me smirk. My baby loves her some Mookie. I love the relationship Mookie has with Aaliyah. She treats her like her own when she doesn't have to and I'll love her forever for that.

"Okay, we'll get our food and then go see her." I told her as I pulled out of the parking lot and got on the main road.

"Put on your seatbelt Daddy." Li reminded me. After a short drive, we arrived at Chick-fil-A. Since Mookie's lunch hour didn't begin for another hour, Aaliyah and I decided to order our food and eat here.

"Here Daddy." She said getting a small bottle of hand sanitizer from her purse and passing it to me. I squirted some in my hand and rubbed them together. It smelled fruity as hell but I didn't complain. "Daddy we have to say grace first!" She warned me just as I was about to take a bite of my chicken sandwich.

"My bad Princess, go ahead." I told her as I put my sandwich down and bowed my head before closing my eyes. She blessed our food and I immediately dug in. I didn't eat breakfast this morning because I had practice early this morning before Mookie cooked. By the time I got back home the food was cold and I didn't want to heat it up.

"Daddy slow down." Li warned me.

"Little girl you are not my Mama. Mind ya business." I said smacking my lips. She didn't respond, she just shrugged her shoulders and went back to eating her chicken nuggets.

"Li you need to stop talking so much during class. That's what you got lunch and recess for. I'm not sending you to school every day for you to run your mouth, I send you so you can learn. How you supposed to learn if you're flapping your gums?" I fussed at her.

"I don't know Daddy." She mumbled.

"Well your teachers have my number and if I get a call about you rubbing your mouth, me and you are gonna have some problems. You hear me?" I said looking at her.

"Yes sir." She responded. The table was quiet for a moment as we continued eating our food. I hate having to discipline Li or get on to her about things, but I have to. My phone buzzed on the table and I picked it up, seeing it was a text from Mookie. I unlocked my phone and went to our message thread, seeing she'd sent me a selfie. Our message thread is filled with random selfies from her but I'm not complaining, I could look at my baby all day.