Trust Issues (Chapter 36 Part II)

Trayveon and Armoni 👆🏽

Armoni POV:

"What happened, Mama? Who did this?" I asked, shaking my head as I laid my hand on Ms. Jocelyn's shoulder. She was sitting at Justycee's bedside, holding her hand. After getting the call, Imani and I rushed to the hospital without knowing any details. We were shocked as hell to find Justycee laying in a hospital bed with bruises all over her face and body.

"That little boyfriend of hers, Braylon." She said shaking her head as she wiped tears from her face. I could hear the pain in her voice and I could only imagine how she was feeling. Seeing her child laying in a hospital bed because she had been beaten. My son hasn't even been born yet and I can't fathom how it would feel to go through something like this.

"What? Why would he do something like this to her?" I asked, shocked as hell. When I first met Braylon, I actually liked him. To find out that he did something like this blew my mind. He didn't seem like he would ever hurt Justycee.

"He did this to my baby and I wasn't there to stop it. I couldn't protect. I'm trying to be a better mother. I'm trying to protect my kids but I always mess up." She cried, making me frown as I pulled her into a hug.

"Mama J, this isn't your fault. You didn't have any control of this. This isn't anybody's fault but Braylon." I assured her as Imani grabbed a tissue box from the shelf and held it in front of Mama J. She took a few out and blew her nose as she shook her head.

"A concussion, two broken ribs, a fractured skull, and look at her face." She continued to cry as she continued to shake her head. "A mother's job is to protect her children and I couldn't do it. I've failed my kids again."

At this point Mama J was hysterical and she was out of control. All I could do was hold her until she calmed herself down. She needed to cry to get all this emotion out but I didn't want her to blame herself. After she was all cried out, she remained silent as she sat by the hospital bed.

The room was silent, other than the beeping from the machines that were hooked up to Justycee. I was trying my hardest not to drift asleep but my eyes were drooping. The door being opened, caused my eyes to pop open.

"The fuck is going on? Who touched my fucking sister?" Jeremy asked as he walked into the room. Imani had been calling him and texting him since we'd gotten here but his phone was going to voicemail. When the boys are handling business in the field, their phones are nonexistent to them.

"Babe." Imani sighed as she got up from the couch and walked over to him. She wasn't upset that he wasn't answering her calls or texting her back, because she knew it was for his safety. She led him to his bedside and held his hand while she explained the situation.

I watched as Jeremy stared at his sister and it was hard for me to keep my composure. A few tears dropped from his eyes as he grabbed her hand and kissed it. "Imma handle it Sis." He mumbled lowly.

"Jeremy don't go out there doing nothing stupid. Please! Just let the police handle it." Mama J pleaded with him. He remained silent and nodded his head but Imani and I both knew otherwise. What Ms. Jocelyn was saying to Jeremy, was going in one ear and out the other.

"Y'all go ahead and go home. I'll stay with Sis." Jeremy told us. I knew this had to be hard for him, seeing his little sister like this. Jerome and Jeremy basically raised this girl by themselves while Mama J was dealing with her alcoholism. Now, he's having to see his little sister, unconscious, laid up in a hospital bed with bruises all over her body. All at the hands of another man. I couldn't imagine the pain, anger, frustration, and heartache he was feeling right now.