Trust Issues (Chapter 7)

Jerome POV:

"You know you're gonna have to tell her right?" Mike asked me as he unlocked the doors to his Tahoe. I sighed as I opened the door and got in. I put on my seat belt as he pulled out of the parking space and headed towards the exit of the parking lot. I always hated conversations like this with Mike. He hates the fact that I'm in the streets, he says I have so much more potential doing other things, but yet he's out here doing the same exact shit I'm doing.

"Yeah I know. When the time is right I guess." I mumbled.

"There is no right time to tell ya girl you out here in these streets, is it?" Mike said looking at me. I rolled my eyes and looked away from him. I wanted to keep Armoni as far away from my street life as possible. She was innocent and pure and I wanted to keep it that way. Now that her and Aaliyah are in the picture I have to be more cautious about the way I work.

I've sold drugs to pregnant women, robbed innocent people, and killed people over petty shit. It's nothing I'm proud of but I'll do whatever means necessary to provide for my family and to insure their safety. I know there are people that want my head and I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I let something happen to Armoni or Aaliyah because of something I did.

"Let me just handle my business alright." I said eyeing him. I rolled my eyes at him, a bad ass habit that I've picked up from Armoni. Her ass rolls her eyes at least a hundred times a day. I smiled to myself at the thought of her before running my hand over my face.

"I'm just looking out for you alright, you of all people know what these niggas out here are capable of. You need to be safe out there in them streets man you got good things coming to you. You need to be focused on school, and basketball. Be something in life not just another drug dealer out here on these streets, man. You got other people to think about now that your daughter is living with you. I know you don't want anything happening to her or Armoni if you piss the wrong person off." He ranted. I was hearing what he was saying but then again I wasn't.

Mike, of all people knew why I did what I did, we came from damn near the same background. His Pops is in jail for life and his Mama was stuck raising four kids. We were both struggling teenagers trying to keep food on the table and the lights on. Shit, we didn't have a choice but to go out there and get it for ourselves and our families.

"I hear you man, park over here then after you drop me off and if-" I told him once we finally arrived at my destination.

"I know the deal man just hurry up." He said cutting me off. I gave him one last look before I got my gun from the glove compartment. I made sure the safety was on before tucking it into the waistband of my pants.

"Preciate it bruh." I said getting out his car. I jogged across the street and typed in the code. Once the gates opened, I walked up the long ass driveway and to the house. I was greeted by my business associates: Ant, Black, and Moe.

"Wassup King." They said greeting me. King was a typical name for a nigga out here on the streets but I was twelve when I gave myself the name. What can you expect from a twelve year old who thinks he's running shit.

"Aye y'all. Has Man gotten here yet?" I asked, giving each of them dap.

"Yeah he in the back, we was waiting on yo slow ass." Moe explained.

"Forget you man." I said laughing and walking to the back of the warehouse to Man's office. When I got to his door, I knocked before announcing myself and walking through the door. When I walked through the door I saw Man at his desk and some fine ass chick in his lap. When she turned around, I saw it was his girl Tasha. I didn't recognize her from behind, because of the red hair she had flowing down her back. She usually kept her hair short.