Trust Issues (Chapter 4)

ARMONI POV:

"Whatever you say Armoni. You thick for no reason baby girl, with hips and ass like that I'm damn sure you ain't a virgin." He smirked before smacking my ass. And with that I walked out of the room without another word. I'm positive he doesn't know about the rape but damn that hurt. I wiped my tears and was looking for my phone when I heard a knock on my door.

"Yeah?" I asked hesitantly, not wanting to have to explain the way I reacted the way I did. I was embarrassed and ashamed about what happened to me. It made me feel dirty and damaged. I didn't want to have to explain that to him. Things were going so good between us, although we were just getting to know each other, I felt like we had a connection.

"Can I come in?" He asked, sounding nervous.

"Yeah, hold on." I say getting up from my bed and running over to my dresser. I looked in the mirror to see my face a mess. My makeup was ruined and I had mascara running. I quickly tried to wipe the mascara and eyeliner off my cheeks and tried to think up an excuse so I wouldn't have to tell him the truth. I would tell him but I don't want him to think differently of me, or worse, pity me.

"Sorry I acted like that." I said opening the door and letting him into my room.

"No, I shouldn't have said that. I was wrong, I apologize." He said sincerely.

"It's okay." I said smiling softly at him and sitting on my bed.

"Is it anything you want to talk about, you know I'm here if you need anything right?" He asked sitting on the bed beside me and turning to face me. I shook my head quickly, not wanting to have this discussion.

"Nope, I'm fine." I said trying to convince him and myself.

"You sure?" He asked, giving me a face.

"Yeah, I'm fine." I said flashing him a forced smile.

"You know I know your lying right?" He said smirking at me.

"No I'm not." I said trying to look away from him. It was like he was reading me like I was a book and I didn't like it at all.

"I can tell when you're lying Armoni, so just tell me what's up. I don't know why you want to hide from me." He prodded.

"I just had a bad experience, but it's over now." I told him, being as vague as possible.

"What, with sex or a relationship?" He asked.

"Sex." I replied, looking away from him.

"Who is he?" Jerome said angrily clenching his jaw causing that vein in his forehead to bulge again.

"Trust me you don't know him, and he's in prison so you don't have to worry about beating nobody's ass." I said forcing out a laugh.

"So he took advantage of you or something?" He asked, wiping my tears with the pads of his thumbs and pulling me into his side. He wrapped his arms around me and pulled me in closer as my tears started falling faster and harder.

"Yeah." I mumbled.

"Armoni who is he?" He asked again.

"You don't know him." I replied.

"Armoni." Jerome said sternly.

"Don't worry about it Jerome." I sighed.

"If it concerns you I have a right to be worried." He said.

"I don't want to talk about it." I told him.

"Armoni, you can trust me baby." He said lifting my chin to meet his gaze, causing more tears to spill out the corners of my eyes. "I promise baby, you can trust me. I won't judge you, I swear."