Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part I)

HAPPY BIRTHDAY BEYONCÉ!
9/4/81 👑🐝💙🙌🏽

Armoni POV:

Trayveon held my hand as he escorted me into my house and into my baby's nursery. My jaw dropped and tears instantly filled my eyes when I walked in and saw that the entire room was completely destroyed.

My baby boy's crib, dresser, changing table and rocking chair had been dismantled and smashed into pieces. The clothes that were previously hanging in his closet, were now on the floor and smelled of bleach. Black spray paint covered my baby's walls and bedsheets.

Everything was destroyed.

I quickly walked out of the room and checked every other room in my house. Not one thing was out of place in any other room but yet my baby's room was completely destroyed. They destroyed my baby's room but didn't think to steal any of my valuables. At least a TV, some of my jewelry, clothes, shoes or something. Even in Aaliyah's room everything was still in the same condition.

Out of all the things that they could've taken or destroyed, why my baby's things? My baby wasn't even here yet and people are already messing with him. The anger and sadness I felt in my chest made my breathing unsteady and I felt like I was suffocating.

"When I find out who did this, I swear on my Mam-"

"Calm down, Imma handle it. Everything gon' get replaced and lil man's room will be good as new. Don't stress, you know I got you." Tray said pulling me into his chest. "Imma find out who the fuck did this and they asses gon' pay. I promise Juicy." He said rocking me back and forth as I cried.

I pulled away from him and walked into the den. I got on the computer and pulled up the security tapes from yesterday. It was tmes like this, that I was grateful for Emanuel's overprotectiveness and paranoia. He had security cameras set up on my front and back porch.

"Man, that bitch is delusional. Why she steady fuckin with you?" Tray asked once we saw Brandy on camera with another man. Brandy had a baseball bat in one hand and a bottle of bleach in the other.

I watched as they played with the lock on my door until they got in. They were in my house no more than ten minutes before getting in their vehicle and burning off. "Wait til I have this baby." I mumbled as I took pictures of the security monitor. I got up and went into the nursery and took pictures and video as well. The more I stood there, the angrier I got. "Imma kill that bitch." I gritted out. Tears started to flow as a hard mug formed on my face.

This was a girl that I let into my life and around my family. Welcomed her into my little circle. I treated this girl like she was my blood. Loved her like she was my sister. I was there for her when nobody else was. Took up for her and supported her through everything. I provided for her financially when nobody else would. I didn't kill her like I wanted to after finding out she stole from me. And this is the repayment I get? For fucking what? All of this, for what?

"You not doing shit to that girl. Imma handle it. Just worry about being a mother to ya son and going back to school." He told me as he kissed my forehead. "Pack some clothes and shit. You and Li gon have to come stay with me for a few days or something. That lil crazy bitch and that nigga probably won't come back but I'm not taking no chances when it comes to y'all safety. Imma handle they asses though."

"But Tray I-"

"You trust me?" He asked, looking into my eyes. Trayveon has never given me a reason to not trust him and he's always kept it real with me.

"Of course." I responded instantly, without hesitation.

"Imma handle it." He repeated.

"I don't want you to get in more trouble than you're already in. One slip up and you'll be in jail for the rest of your life Trayveon. You're already being taken away from me, don't help speed up the process." I sighed. He rolled his eyes and I smirked. "Promise me you won't do anything to put yourself at risk to be taken from me?" I said extending my pinky out to him. He stared down at me so intensely that I wanted to look away from him. He had my body tingling with just one look.