Trust Issues (Chapter 27 Part II)

Jerome POV:

It was finally the damn weekend and I was taking my girls out for some quality time together. I was gonna start the day off by taking them out to breakfast, going to get manicures and pedicures, taking them shopping, to the arcade, then going out for dinner as a family, after all that we were gonna come back home and have movie night and eat ice cream.

I had been ready and dressed to go for almost two hours, but I was waiting on Aaliyah and Armoni's slow asses. It took their lazy butts half an hour to just get out of the bed when I woke them up and then once they were up they were moving slow as hell.

Mookie had already taken a shower but she was still in her bathrobe while she did Aaliyah's hair. Li was dressed and ready to go but I knew it would take Mookie forever to pick out an outfit, get dressed, and then do her hair and makeup. I was so close to just saying fuck it and leaving them here. Since today was about them, I decided to be nice and not say anything.

To pass the time, I went downstairs to the living room. I started flipping through a few channels before I finally landed on ESPN. I relaxed back into the couch and got comfortable. I must've dosed off while watching TV because I woke up to Li hitting me upside my head with a big ass couch pillow.

I stood up and grabbed her around her waist. She laughed loudly as I threw her up into the air before catching her. Let me stop before I break my damn back by playing around with her heavy ass. I did it one last time before body slamming her into the couch. I sat down on her back and began bouncing up and down.

Li was screamed and laughing as she wiggles under me, trying to get me off of her. "Get off my baby Jerome!" Mookie called from the top of the stairs.

"Nah she deserves this." I yelled. I finally got off of her and allowed her to get up. I didn't want my poor baby to suffocate or nothing like that.

"You ready babe?" Mookie asked me as she came down the stairs with her purse and phone in her hand. I rolled my eyes before facing her. I've been waiting on her all this time and she has the nerve to ask me if I'm ready. "Go get your coat Li, it's supposed to get cold later." She told her.

"But Mama, imma be hot

"But Mama, imma be hot." Li complained.

"You don't have to wear it Li. Just go get one just in case and you can keep it in the car." She said.

"Bu-"

"Shut your mouth and go get a damn coat Aaliyah." I said sternly. Although I never really have trouble out of Aaliyah, she's getting to the age of where she thinks she knows everything and she's picking up a little attitude too. I'm nipping that shit in the bud now, though.

"You ready?" She asked me, once Li had gone up the stairs to get a coat.

"I been ready for two hours nigga." I said smacking my lips.