Trust Issues (Chapter 40 Part III)

JEROME POV:

"Ouch man damn

"Ouch man damn." I whined as Mookie damn near drug me out of the trap house. Honestly, I was embarrassed as fuck. I was a grown ass man and she was treating me like I was a little ass kid.

It didn't make matters any better that she had a damn bonnet on her head, slippers and her lounging clothes that she wore around the house. I felt like a kid when their ghetto ass Mama came to the school because they were acting up. I knew all these niggas would be laughing at me about this for the rest of the year.

"You need to be glad I'm saving your pride and not whooping your ass in front of them." She snapped before smacking the back of my head. I sighed and followed after her. This girl was smacking me and dragging me around as if I just didn't get shot.

"Man chill, I'm injured." I huffed. As I placed my hand on my neck. It was covered with gauze but it hurt like hell. Our in house doctor stitched me up and disinfected my wound.

"Nigga shut up, it was just a graze." She said rolling her eyes at me. I knew Emanuel had the aim of a muthafucka so he grazed me on purpose. The only reason he probably spared me was because Mookie was standing there. The fact that he didn't kill me dead, shows how much he loves his sister. "If your stupid ass wouldn't have been there in the first place it wouldn't have happened!" She snapped.

"I was just-"

"I don't give a damn what you were doing. Yo dumb, stupid ass shouldn't have been here, like I said." She replied, mugging me before  turning around and walking to the car. "And you disrespectful as hell! Why would you say all that shit in front of all them niggas and my brother?" She said turning around again and smacking me. "You foul as hell, I knew all you wanted was sex! What happens in our sex life should stay between us! Disrespectful bitch!" She said shaking her head as she walked off again. I knew she was pissed because she was walking fast as hell.

"He started that shit, he was asking for it. I wasn't tryin to disrespect you but I had to let that nigga know." I replied, defending myself. "Plus I thought it was a compliment, I was just giving you your props! You was throwing that shit back." I added.

"Childish ass. Like I said, our sex life is private Jerome. I shouldn't have to tell yo dumb ass that." She sighed. "And another thing, if yo dumb ass wouldn't have been here in the first place all of this shit would've been avoided. Dumb ass don't listen!"

"Musta forgot I'm grown." I mumbled lowly. It wasn't my intention that she heard me but I knew I fucked up when she damn near broke her neck, turning to look at me. She got in my face and I tried to take a step back to prevent her from hitting me, but every time I tried to back away, she came even closer.

"You being grown doesn't exempt you from being thrown in jail over a drug charge. Being grown doesn't exempt you from being killed behind all of this bullshit. Being grown doesn't exempt you from losing your family over this shit. Being grown doesn't exempt you from potentially being cut from the team because of this dumb ass shit! What don't you understand about that?" She snapped.