Trust Issues (Chapter 37)

ARMONI POV:

"You ain't right." Tray chuckled as he shook his head at me. We were at Peter Piper Pizza with Li and Zyonn. We were at the mall earlier because they wanted to do rock climbing and bungee jumping. After that we just decided to make a random trip here because we didn't have anything else to do.

"So." I shrugged, replaying to his statement.

The kids were playing and I was stuffing my face with hot wings while Tray drank his beer. "That man coulda died, Mookie." I told Tray about Jerome popping up on me at work and explained what happened.

"Wouldn't have made any difference to me." I shrugged as I poured more hot sauce on my wings and savored the taste. It had been two days since the incident with Jerome at my office and I hadn't seen or heard from him since. I hope he didn't expect me to happily run into his arms, especially with what he said to me for the first time seeing me in months.

"You don't mean that." He said smacking his lips. I didn't respond, I just continued to eat my hot wings. "We going home after this?" He asked me. I wiped my hands off with a wet wipe and cleaned up my mess. Something told me to go online and check to see if I had any assignments due. I'm glad that I did because I had a major quiz due. Thankful for technology, I decided to take it now. I'd rather have any grade other than a zero for not completing it.

"Yeah. After we drop them off." I answered. I already had her bags packed, they were in the trunk. Aaliyah was spending the night with Imani and Jeremy so I decided to do them a favor and tire them out before dropping them off for the night.

"Always on that fuckin phone." I heard him mumble. He had a mug on his face but he was no longer looking at me.

"I'm taking a quiz. It's due by midnight and I forgot all about it." I explained as I slowly got up from my seat and went to sit next to him in the booth. "I'm almost done." I told him as I leaned my body on his.

"Move man." He said smacking his lips as he tried to push me off of him making me giggle. I made myself comfortable leaning against his body. He wrapped his arm around my body, resting his hand against my stomach.   

Normally I wouldn't be this touchy with him in public and around the kids but my back was killing me. "Do you need my phone to google answers?" He asked me, handing his phone to me.

"Yeah, thank you." I smirked up at him. It was hard not to kiss him because his lips were so big and juicy looking. But the kids were likely to pop up from nowhere. While I went through my quiz and answered all of the questions I knew for sure, Tray googled the ones that I wasn't so sure of. With his help, I didn't miss any of the questions. Lord knows I needed that one hundred percent.

We stayed at Peter Piper for about another half hour before taking the kids to Imani and Jeremy's house. We said our goodbyes before leaving. "What we doing tonight?" Tray asked, as he pulled into the driveway of my house and parked his car. "We having movie night? Game night?"

"I have more homework." I sighed.

"Anything you need help with?" He asked me. I turned to him and my eyes instantly watered. He immediately noticed my tears and frowned before speaking up. "What's wrong, why you crying?" He asked me.

"You're so sweet Tray. I swear once I get this degree I'm cutting it in half because you really deserve part of it." I sniffled.

"I'm just invested in your future pretty girl. I wanna see you win." He explained, making me nod my head because I couldn't talk due to the tears. He got out of the car and came over to my side and helped me out. "Come on cry baby." He said closing the car door and locking his car.