chapter 58

Chapter 58

I lugged the large box through the apartment door and kicked it shut behind me. Who'd have thought a bunch of books would be so heavy? I gave up on carrying it so pushed the box across the floor towards the bookshelf which was against the living room wall. Louis stepped through the kitchen door as I finally got next to it.

'You know...' I started as I stood up to stretch my back. 'I can't believe you have a book case with nothing on it. It's just empty.'

Louis laughed as he bent down to look at the books I'd brought with me. 'We're two guys, did you really think we'd read?' His eyes bulged at the size of one of the books he pulled out.

'No, I didn't. That's why I'm amazed you even have a book case.' I started to place my books in order of height. My OCD kicking in.

'We just got it to fill a bit of space.' He admitted. 'And now it finally looks complete.' He grinned as he started putting books on the shelves starting with the biggest ones. He'd obviously caught on to my method.

'Don't you mean, it finally looks used and not just collecting dust?' I gave him a quizzical look.

'Maybe.' He said slowly and then grinned at me.

'I'm surprised Spencer said yes to moving in with Niall. I didn't think they were that serious.'

'Same, I thought she wanted to carry on taking things slowly like they were.' He got bored of putting books on the shelf and sat down on the sofa. I put one last book on the shelf and joined him. 'So, roomie, what do you want to do tonight?' He asked. I giggled and he kissed me on the temple.

It was one of my favourite things for Louis to do. Since we started going out, it was the one place he would always kiss me and I loved when he did. It was like our own little thing.

His lips soon found mine and we locked into an embrace that went unbroken for quite a while until a quick cough broke the silence. We both looked up to see Harry standing in front of the window. He'd managed to enter the room without us hearing.

'Hey guys,' Harry said cheerfully. 'I brought Bo round for lunch. You don't mind do you?' He gestured to Bo who was standing next to the sofa looking embarrassed to have walked in on us kissing on the sofa.

Louis cleared his throat before sitting up and straightening his top that had been rumpled by my hands tracing his chest. I blushed as he gestured to my hair with his eyes. My hands shot to my hair and smoothed it down.

'Yeah, that's fine,' said Louis as he stood up. 'We're going to... um... carry on stacking the bookshelf.' He grabbed my hand and pulled me off the sofa. He bent down to open the box as Harry looked at us, grinning cheekily.

Louis and I pottered around the apartment for a few hours, setting my stuff up and sorting things out. We'd skipped lunch and left Harry and Bo to eat alone. At about 4pm I sat down on the bed with a huff.

'Moving in takes a lot of effort.' I fanned my face to cool myself down.

'Tell me about it.' Louis flopped onto the bed and pulled me back so we were both lying down. 'I'm gutted you have uni tomorrow. I wanted to spend the day with you... christen our new home.' He turned his head to look me in the eyes and winked. 'Harry's out for the day so it would just be us.' He took my hand in one of his and played with my fingers. Slowly, he spun the Tiffany ring he'd bought me round and round on my finger.

'Well...' I sighed, my other hand running through his hair. 'I'm only in for an hour and a half in the morning... I'll come straight home and then I'm all yours.' I twiddled with a strand of hair and smiled at him.

'I like you calling this your home.' He kissed the fingers of the hand he was playing with.

'So do I.' I grinned before leaning in to kiss him.

'I can't believe I live here, with you my boyfriend. I'm living in an apartment with my boyfriend.' I felt like i just had to say it to believe it.

'Let me help you believe it then.' Louis whispered and leaned it to kiss me. Before our lips could touch the bedroom door flew open. Harry.

'You're doing this too often Styles...' Louis muttered, still not taking his eyes off of my face. 'Next time, run.' He said finally looking round at a grinning Harry.

'My pleasure guys. Now hurry up, it's getting cold.' He said hurrying us through the kitchen door. The tone tiles were cold against my bare feet; Louis' hand was warm against the small of my back.

'Hey Bo.' I smiled as we sat down.

'Hey.' She smiled back.

'Tonight, my friends, I serve you Tacos!' Harry appeared at the edge of my table with a plate full of his best dish.

'You're forgiven!' Louis gasped. Before Harry could put the plate down he'd grabbed as much as he could and piled in onto his plate. Harry just shook his head and grinned.

'So Bo,' Louis said and she looked at him. 'What are you studying?'

'English.' She smiled.

'Awesome. So what do you want to do after?'

'I'm not sure yet. Teach or write, I can't decide.' She took a sip of her drink and Harry smiled at her. He'd fallen for her hard, it was easy to see.

'Well, if you write you know 5 lads who'll definitely buy the book.' Louis smiled before turning his attention back to his plate.

Harry furrowed his eyebrows and looked at Louis.

'The band.' Louis told him.

'Oh yeah.' He muttered.

We all laughed, including Harry.

We carried on eating and chatting. Harry spent the majority of his time with his free arm wrapped around the back of Bo's chair as she sat with her body angled slightly towards his. It was clear they were into each other.

I helped Louis clear the table when Harry called from the other room. 'We're going next door. See you in a bit!' Before we could reply the door between Louis and Harry's apartment shut loudly and we were alone.

I looked at Louis and raised an eyebrow. 'He's gone next door? Wow... he never goes there anymore.' Louis said.

'Wait, next door? He lives there too?' I pretended to be as shocked as Louis and then just shrugged.

'Who knew?' Louis laughed then grabbed my hand and pulled me into the living room. 'But look, look at this.' He entwined our fingers.

'What?' I said looking around the empty room.

'We're alone.'

'We are.' I agreed, finally catching on. 'Let's make the most of it.' He looked at me with a wicked look in his eye before lifting me up, causing me to squeal with shock. I wrapped my legs around his waist and kissed him. I wrapped my arms around his neck and held on as he carried me into the bedroom, pushing the door open with his hip as his arms rubbed up and down my back. He dropped me onto the bed and I giggled as he kicked the door shut and climbed on top of me.