chapter 70

Chapter 70

Louis slowly sat down onto the sofa, wincing slightly as he hit the cushions. He sighed as he rested his feet on the coffee table, leant his head on the back of the sofa and closed his eyes. I stood near him, just looking at him. I still couldn't get over that fact that he was finally home, even if he was in a bit of pain. Louis' hand gently rose from the arm of the sofa and with his closed eyes, he felt around until it softly land against my body. He moved from my waist to my hip and held my hand tightly before opening his eyes and smiling the smile I'd missed so much for the last few months. He gently tugged me over to him and pulled me down. I landed next to him, causing his to wince.

'Shit, I'm sorry.' I gasped, without thinking my hands flew out to him and patted him. He laughed at my reaction and took my hand in his.

'It's fine.' He smiled. 'I'm so glad to be home. It's stupid how glad I am to be here.'

'I'm glad you're home too. It was so empty and quiet without you here!' He pulled me down so my head was resting against his shoulder. I sighed heavily and leaned in closer to him.

'Ow!' He said.

'Damn it! I'm sor-'

'Just kidding.' He cut off my apology with a cheeky grin.

I laughed and hit him lightly in the shoulder.

'I missed you.' His arm wrapped around the back of my neck, filling the gap that had been there the whole time he was away. I sighed and cuddled him a bit more, relishing the feel of his sturdy body next to me again.

We sat in silence, letting ourselves remember what it was like to be together for a while. Our hands were linked and our heads rested together. It was 10am and we had a whole day to fill with getting back to normal.

A loud bang came from the doorway followed by 'Ow!' My eyes flew open as I turned around to see who it was. Harry was struggling through the door lugging in a large suitcase Louis had taken with him on tour. 'Ya know Louis, for a lanky guy you're clothes weigh a tone!' He huffed as he propped the case against the wall.

'Oh man, I forgot about that! Where'd you get it?'

Harry leaned up against the wall next to the suitcase looking at it. 'Liam took it with him when you went to the hospital and I, your humble servant, brought it up here for you.'

'Thanks. How long did it take for you to bring it all the way up here?' Louis asked.

'Um... I don't know. A year! That thing is so heavy!' He flopped down on the couch.

'You wouldn't mind putting it in our room would you?' I asked Harry and Louis smiled at me.

Harry frowned and started to get up.

'I'm kidding. Sit down Harry!' I told him and Louis laughed. Harry smiled and sat back down on the couch. He casually leant forward and took a sip of the tea on the coffee table. It was Louis', he'd only drank half of it.

'You can have a fresh one if you want. You don't have to drink mine, it's probably cold anyway.' Louis said and went to get up but Harry jumped up and pushed him gently back down onto the couch.

'I don't think so. I'm making it, you're not going anywhere.' He pottered off to the kitchen and clanked around noisily. Typical Harry.

'Huh, I could get used to him doing everything for me.' Louis said and settled back into the couch and pulled me back into the position we were in. 'I don't ever want to leave you again.' He kissed my forehead and left his lips resting there as he spoke. 'Can we have some alone time later?' His lips moved against my head as he spoke.

'Sure.' I pulled him tighter to me and wrapped both of my arms around him.

Harry come back into the room and, as usual, flopped down onto the sofa, even with a full mug of hot tea in his hand. He cleared his throat. 'Get a room guys!'

'This is our apartment!' Louis laughed as he threw a cushion at him. 'What do you guys want to do today?'

'Lou...' I began to tell him that he shouldn't do anything too strenuous but Harry cut it.

'Mario Kart! I've missed it so much! Have you been practising while I was away Ri Ri? If you haven't, your ass if going to be kicked.'

I rolled my eyes as I stood up to turn it all on. 'Actually Harry, I fondly remember me beating you not so long ago.' I crouched down to open the disk drive of the Wii and pop the disk in.

'Ah, but things have changed. That will be the last time.' I turned around to face him, he was stretching his arms as if he were entering a throwing competition. I rolled my eyes at his goofy-ness, a small smile breaking through, as I realised how much I'd missed Harry too.

'Bring it Styles!' I laughed, handing out the controllers. Louis took one and slid a bit further forward on the sofa. I held my breath waiting to see if he winced and luckily he didn't.

'Let's go!' Harry yelled as the game started. The three of us sat there staring intently on the screen, our arms flailing in the air in front of us as we directed the cars we were racing.

Harry fell off a cliff, causing his part of the screen to go black and a yell of 'NO!' Louis laughed as he took Harry's 2nd place. I raced on, still in the lead on the last lap. 'This is so unfair!' Harry groaned, 'I'm last! Stupid cliff.'

I playfully patted him on the back as I crossed the finish line first and he sighed and sank further back onto the sofa. 'Re-match!'

We carried on playing for hours; Harry won one finally amongst Louis' and mine multiple wins.

'So... it seems that my ass wasn't kicked at all.' I winked at Harry. Louis tucked me under his shoulder as we sat back on the sofa. The controllers were scattered back over the coffee table. Louis chuckled, I felt it rumble through his body and under my hand where it was rested on his chest.

'Yeah... whatever.' He scowled. 'I'll get you back eventually.' He couldn't keep a straight face much longer and smiled.

'When's Bo back?' Louis asked. He fiddles with the Tiffany ring on my finger, the one he'd bought me in the airport last year.

'In a few days I think.' He replied as he fiddled with his phone.

'Man, I'm starving.' Louis sighed. His stomach rumbled as if punctuating his statement.

I guiltily looked towards the kitchen. 'Um, we have no food. Niall ate the last of it when he came the other night. I haven't had a chance to go shopping.'

'Niall, typical. How about we go out? I feel like a Nandos.'

Harry stood I stood up eagerly in response. I couldn't remember the last time I'd had one. I slipped my shoes on as Louis grabbed a jumper from the back of the chair. 'Let's go.'