chapter 57

Chapter 57

We entered the restaurant and were seated in the corner, near the window. It was on the top floor of a multi-story building, so we could see over the top of London. The sky was gun metal grey and was emptying rain over the city every so often.

'I have something to ask you.' Louis declared. I looked up from the menu I was reading and looked him in the eye.

'Okay... go ahead.' He had such a serious look on his face my stomach was stirring with nerves and I had to look away.

'Well... you spend a lot of time in the apartment, so I was... um... wondering if you'd like to move in?' His voice was shaky with nerves.

My eyes shot back up from the table to meet his. He had a pensive look on his face that made me grin. 'Seriously?' I answered.

He nodded his head. 'Yeah.'

'I'd love to!' His face immediately shifted into a wide smile that equalled my own. 'Will Harry mind?'

'Of course not, he thinks you're great. I'm so excited now!' He got up and come over to my side of the table. He leaned down and kissed me. I groaned when he broke away and went back to his chair. He grabbed my hand that was resting on the table and squeezed it. 'How long will it take you to pack?'

'Not long.' I smiled. 'But I'll have to let Spence know, I can't leave until we get someone else to move in and help with bills and stuff.' I fiddled with the fork in thought.

'That's not a problem. Niall's asking her to move in with him too. He's crazy about her.' Louis said.

I looked up in surprise. Spence and Niall had been dating for nearly the same amount of time as Louis and I yet they didn't seem as serious. Spencer rarely stayed over at Niall's apartment. 'Really?'

'Yeah, he was telling me yesterday, he said me talking about you asking made him realise how he wanted things to be with Spence and that he'd ask her as soon as possible.'

'That's awesome. I hope she says yes. I want to move in with you as soon as possible.' I grinned.

We carried on chatting and planning the move whilst we ate. I had to tell my parents what was happening which I was quite nervous about. I was never really open about relationships with them, it embarrassed me. We left the restaurant and sat on a bench that had dried out as the grey clouds passed over, leaving a crisp sky over head.

'Wish me luck.' I sighed as I pulled my phone out of my bag.

Louis squeezed my knee. 'It'll be fine! Trust me.'

I dialled my parents number and waited.

'Hello?'

'Hey mum, it's me. Is dad with you?'

'Yeah, I'll put the speaker on.' A beep echoed through the phone as my mum switched the phone to loud speaker.

'Hey Aria!' My dad's voice filled my ear, making me smile.

'Hi dad.' I started. 'I've got some news... Louis asked me to move in with him...' I looked and Louis and grinned. '...and I said yes.'

My mum's reply was instant. 'That's wonderful news!' I put my thumb up to Louis and winked, causing him to smile madly and give an exaggerated sigh of relief.

'Isn't it honey?' My mum asked dad.

'Yes, I'm very happy for you Aria.' My dad said, he sounded happy, but not as happy as mum. 'But what about Spencer? And your work? It's your last year, you need to focus.' Typical, dad would always think about the serious stuff.

'Spencer may be about to move in with her boyfriend and if not there's plenty of girls we know who are desperate to move out of the halls. So my spot will be taken quickly and I know dad, I can still work there, I won't get distracted.' Louis across the table raised an eyebrow and I winked at him.

'Well as long as Spencer isn't left having to pay for two people and you keep up with your work it's fine. I'm happy for you.' He said, sounding relieved and happy at the same time.

'I promise.'

'Oh honey, is Louis there. Put him on.' Mum said. I pulled the phone away from my ear and handed it to a smiling Louis.

'Joe's pizza, how may I help?' Louis said as he put the phone up to his ear. He was silent for a bit and then he laughed.

'Yes, I did.' He answered some sort of question. He then laughed again and said a couple of other things. After about a minute he said good bye and handed the phone back to me.

'Me again.' I said.

'Oh Aria, Louis is just wonderful.'

'Thank you, but I know.' I teased and smiled.

'We'll have to come and visit you both soon.' My mum giggled. I knew she'd be happy. She's a hopeless romantic.

'Yeah, definitely. I'd better go. I'll ring you later.'

'Okay love, congrats! We love you.'

'Love you too, bye.' I hung up and put my phone away. I turned to look at Louis who hadn't taken his eyes off of me since he handed me back the phone.

'Joe's pizza? Really?' I asked him.

'What? Come on, I'm hilarious.' I raised an eyebrow at him. 'Well, your parents think I'm funny.' He pretended to be sad. I sighed and pulled him towards me for a hug.

'Don't you pretend to be sad. You know I think you're hilarious.' I kissed leant in to kiss him on the cheek but before my lips touched his skin he whipped his head around and kissed my cheek first. I laughed and sighed.

'I can't wait for you to move in!' He said, his breath fluttering my hair. He then kissed the top of my head and sighed as my arms went under his jacket, against the bare skin of his back.

'Me either.' I mumbled into his chest. I pulled away to look at him. 'And now to tell Spence.'

...

'OMG!' Spencer squealed. I winced, her voice was loud down my ear. To avoid more pain I pulled the phone away from my ear and put her on loud speaker.

'This is amazing! When?'

I looked at Louis and questioned him with my eyes. He shrugged in response. 'Um... we don't know yet.' That would have to do. I couldn't exactly say 'After you agree to move in with Niall once he's asked.'

'You're so lucky!'

'I know.' I smiled, Louis was perfect.

'Oh god, the time. I have to go, I'll be late for my lecture. I'll see you tomorrow, we're all eating at Liam's aren't we?'

'Yeah, see you then.'

'Congrats Aria! Bye.'

Before I knew it she'd gone. 'She seemed happy.' Louis chuckled.

'Yeah, just a little bit. I wonder how she'll react when Niall asks her.'