chapter 78

Chapter 78

I was sitting in the Aston Martin with my new husband instead of my father this time. Husband. Husband. I had a freaking husband now. His warm hand was in mine and he wouldn't stop grinning at me. I mirrored his smile, I couldn't help it. I was so happy I felt like I could burst!

'I'm married. I mean, we're married. I mean...' I took a deep breath. 'You're not just my boyfriend anymore.' I couldn't stop smiling.

'I know! You look absolutely beautiful by the way.' He whispered for about the millionth time, which caused me to blush each time.

'Thank you.' I giggled, no sense of uncomfortability. Because today, right here, in this dress. I did feel beautiful. And I wasn't going to hide it. Not today. 'You look so good. Like holy shit my husband is hot!' He laughed.

'When you walked sown that isle my heart was going about 1000mph. I've sung in front of thousands for people but have never felt that kind of rush.' He squeezed my hand as he spoke.

I didn't know what to say in return, his emotions stunned me, so I kissed him softly on the lips in reply. 'Seeing you at the end of the isle made me want to sprint down it. It was the slowest walk of my life.'

'Yeah, I tend to have that effect on people.' He winked and kissed me again.

...

The song played as I twirled around the dance floor with my Dad for the father/daughter dance. It was just us, everyone was watching and I didn't mind. My head was resting against his shoulder as our arms were up in the dancing position. I was shorter than him again as I'd discarded my heels under the table at least an hour ago.

I could faintly see the flashes of cameras, but my attention was on my Dad as he spoke in a hushed voice that only I could hear. 'You deserve the best Aria and I think you've found it. I'm very happy and proud of you.'

'Thanks Dad.' I murmured into his shoulder.

'...and if he ever hurts you, remember you have myself and your brothers. Never hesitate to call either of us.'

I couldn't help but laugh at that. 'Thanks dad, but I don't think that's going to happen.'

'You never know.' He mumbled and I rolled my eyes. We carried on dancing for the rest of the song when I felt my dad stop. I looked up to be faced with Lucas.

'My turn!' His loud voice boomed. 'Come on, Ari!' He took my hand off my dad's shoulder and waited for my dad to kiss me on the cheek before pulling me into the dancing position.

'I assume dad just gave you the 'if he ever hurts you' speech?' He asked.

'Yup. Are you going to give it too?' I grinned up at him.

'No. Just want you to remember that it's true.' He ended the conversation there and pulled me around the floor in his disastrous attempt at dancing. Caleb soon came along and we danced around like two crazy idiots who had no idea what we were doing, cause we were. We laughed a lot until the song finally ended and I went to sit back down next to Louis at our table, when someone caught my hand. I looked and found Louis himself grinning at me.

'It's my turn.' He whispered just as the microphone squealed into life.

Someone cleared their throat before talking. 'And now ladies and gentleman, we get to see Louis Tomlinson attempt to dance with his new wife. It's time for their first dance.' It was Harry. 'And if I were you, I'd definitely film this. Louis dancing could be very funny!' Chuckles rolled around the room as Harry bowed enthusiastically and then signalled for Liam, Zayn and Niall to join him up on stage. They quickly got into a line and the music started. I knew the song instantly.

I stopped and my jaw dropped.

'I hear this is one of your favourite songs.' Louis said quietly.

'I planned to have this as my wedding dance since I will 14.' I told him.

'Well I thought it would be nice to have the boys sing it for you.' He said softly.

'Thank you so much.'

Louis placed his hand on the small of my back as the music played. He gripped my smaller hand in his bigger one and we danced together as 4/5 of One Direction sung Enrique Iglesias' Hero perfectly. My all-time favourite song.

'You do realise you have to pat the dog and screw the light bulb at least once you know?' I giggled as the song came to an end.

'Oh I know, but I have one condition.' He looked down at me with a cheeky grin.

'What?'

'You do it with me.' He smiled.

I looked at him for a couple of moments and then nodded my head. 'Alright.' I laughed. 'When?'

I looked up and saw that Harry, Niall and Zayn had already walked back to their tables, gotten out their phones. Whereas Liam was still up at the microphone ready to sing the next song. Louis closed his eyes and shook his head. 'This is so going to end up on twitter.' He mumbled, he then opened his eyes and smiled, 'in the chorus of Liam's song.'

I nodded and waited until Liam's first verse ended. We carried on spinning until it began to speed up. Louis let go of my hand and took a step back, I turned to stand next to him and then in perfect synchronisation we started patting the air with one hand and twisting the invisible light bulb with the other. The boys on the table whooped and cheered whilst everyone else laughed.

As the song ended the band kept playing as Liam left the stage and walked towards Louis and I. I turned to see Zayn, Harry and Niall also walking in our direction. They all rushed onto the floor and pulled us into a group hug, which moved around the floor as Zayn and Harry jumped about, completely unable to stand still. This sort of signalled to everyone else that they could get up and dance as all of the sudden people were flooding the floor with partners and friends. I even caught a few trying out Louis' move, which made me laugh.