chapter 56

Chapter 56

I wrapped the blanket around me tighter as I flicked through the channels. MTV flicked on just in time for the end of the newest One Direction video. The music was fading out and the image was zooming in on each of the boy's faces. It ended on Louis' face, his eyes slowly blinking before it was black and the music stopped. Before I knew it the MTV news was on, the usual stories about Lady Gaga and Justin Bieber came up before one that surprised me. I increased the volume as the presenter spoke.

'One Direction's Harry Styles was spotted with a mystery brunette at a New Year's Eve party thrown by fellow band mate Louis Tomlinson and his girlfriend of just under a year, Aria, last night. They were seen siting in the garden of the apartment complex the band lives in. An onlooker said they were giggling and laughing all night, even sharing a midnight kiss. They sent us a photo, check this out...'

A grainy image, clearly taken on a phone, popped up on the screen. You could see Bo sitting beside Harry smiling up at him, her red dress a sharp contrast to the night sky and Harry's black trousers and jacket, which she had on her shoulders. Harry's arms were around her shoulder and hers were clutching the lapels of his jacket, hugging it around her. The presenter starting speaking again...

'The beauty in red is said to be a university friend of Louis' girlfriend. Lucky Harry, finding himself a brainy beauty! Stay tuned for more showbiz gossip...'

I rewound the clip on the TV and paused it just before the feature on Harry and Bo started. I jumped up and poked my head around the kitchen door.

'Harry take a look at this.' I went back to the sofa and he came with me, followed by Louis. They both flopped down onto the sofa next to me and looked at me curiously. 'Just watch this.' I pressed play we all watched in silence.

'Woah!' Harry sighed. 'They don't waste much time do they? It was this morning.' He rested his head on the back of the sofa and sighed again. 'This won't scare her off will it? I really liked her.'

'Nah, it seemed to me that she like you too.' Louis reassured him.

'What do you think Aria?' He looked at me; his tired eyes seemed genuinely worried.

'I got the impression she likes you just as much as you like her. You had fun didn't you? A grainy picture taken on a mobile phone shouldn't scare her off... I just want to know who took it and was stupid enough to leak it.'

'True. She gave me her number. I'll ring her later and asks if she wants to come round or something.' He seemed to cheer up quite a bit at the thought of possibly seeing her again.

Harry stood up and wandered over to the window, looking out into the rainy sky. The window was streaked with rain drops and he traced the track of one with his fingers as he put his phone to his ear.

Louis slid up next to me and grabbed the control. 'What time is it?' he asked. We didn't get into bed until 5:30am that morning, so we were all a bit tired.

'6:30pm' I said looking at the time on my phone.

'Do you think she'll come around now? He asked quietly so Harry wouldn't over hear. 'It's just... I can see he quite likes her. I don't think I've ever seen him like this, you know?'

'I'm not sure. She might. I think she liked him too. She sent me a text earlier saying she really enjoyed the party and that Harry was great. I don't think there's anything to worry about.'

Harry's voice filled the room before he stepped into his apartment and disappeared. His voice was reduced to mumbles, the walls muffling the sound. I zipped my hoodie up and went to get a can of red bull from the fridge before sitting back down next to Louis.

'We cleaned up quite quickly, don't you think?' Louis asked as he looked around the room.

'Yeah, there wasn't that much mess, which is a surprise. I thought it would be awful.'

'Same. It was a good night...' He was interrupted by Harry coming back into the room.

'She can't come round tonight, but she said she'll come around tomorrow!' He looked like he'd just had Christmas all over again.

'See.' Louis started. 'I told you she wouldn't be scared off by it! Had she even seen it?'

'Yeah, she saw it online, but she found it funny more than anything.'

'You need to relax Harry, you have nothing to worry about.' I smiled.

'I know, I know. Thanks Ri Ri' He sat down on the sofa and smiled when he used my nickname.

'Again with the nickname?' I rolled my eyes.

'You love it' Harry teased.

...

*The next day*

'There was a gentle knock at the door. I put my law text book on the coffee table and went to the door. Before I could get there Harry came barrelling through the door between his apartment and Louis' and got there before me. He stopped in front of the door, took a breath and pulled it open.

Bo was wearing skinny jeans, boots, a leather jacket and a chunky knitted scarf. Her long hair was pulled into a glossy pony tail. She smiled at Harry as he opened the door wider and gestured for her to come in.

'How are you?' He asked, shutting the door behind her.

'Good thanks, you?' She was half way through unzipping her jacket before Harry jumped into action and stood ready to take it off her. She shrugged her arms and took it off. Harry took it, before she could do anything with it, and hung it on the coat hook.

'I'm good thanks. Did you have a nice day yesterday?' I left the room as he walked her over to the sofa. I clicked the door shut as they sat down chatting about their days.

'Is she here?' Louis asked. He was sitting on the bed, pulling on a pair of shoes, his muscular arms flexing as he did it.

'Yep, just got here. You ready to go?' I picked my jacket up off the end of the bed and slipped it on as Louis stood up.

'You bet. Let's go.'

I followed him out of the room. Harry and Bo were sitting on the sofa chatting. They both looked up when they noticed we were moving around the room collecting our keys.

'You guys going out?' Harry asked. I smiled at Bo and she grinned in response.

'Yeah, we're going to have lunch.' Louis said.

'Don't forget I'm cooking tea tonight!' Harry reminded as we got to the door.

'Yes mother!' Louis laughed. 'See you guys later.'

'Bye' I called. They waved as we went. The door shut behind us and Louis took my hand in his as we headed towards the lift.