chapter 7

Chapter 7

'Take a seat.' I said, throwing my house keys onto the coffee table in the middle of the room.

'Thanks, do you live here alone?'

'Nope. I have a housemate, but we have a month off Uni for Easter at the moment, so she's flown back to Ireland for it. It's just me for another three weeks.'

'Aren't you going home?' He called through to me. I'd gone into the kitchen to put my bag down.

'Yeah probably, I'll go back to Wales for the last week or something, I have to work. Do you want a drink?'

I stood in the doorway between the living room and the kitchen. He was sitting on the sofa, looking at the pile of books on the coffee table. His muscular arms picked up one of my law books and turned it over, looking at the back. His bicep muscles flexing and tensing as he did so. I looked to his face expecting to see the side of it, but found him watching me as I looked at his arm. I felt myself go red.

'Sure, what do you have?' he replied.

'Um, tea, coffee, red bull, juice, wine and water.'

'What are you going to have?' he asked, looking at me intensely, his eyes smiling as her watched me think.

'I'll probably have a red bull, I don't drink alcohol, but you can if you want.'

'I'll have one too, then.' He smiled. 'A student that doesn't drink? That's rare!' He looked shocked.

I laughed as I turned and into the kitchen. I grabbed two cans of red bull from the fridge and took them back through to Louis. I plopped down onto the sofa next to him, kicking off my shoes. I handed him the can and he smiled in thanks.

'What's it like living so far away from home?' he asked me.

'It's hard, you probably understand that, I mean, you do too. My grandparents live in Yorkshire and Birmingham, Aunts and Uncles spread around England so I'm kind of used to it, but my parents are the furthest away. It's horrible. I miss them and I can't just jump in the car and drive down the road to see them, it's like a four hour train ride. I honestly have no idea how you do it.' I didn't really expect to say much about it, but he just makes me talk, there's something about him.

'I feel the same.' He sighed. 'I miss my parents so much and my sisters. I try and see them as much as possible but it's still not often enough. It's hard, but I am doing what I love, so I have to accept the issues that come with it. You know what I mean?'

'Yeah. Especially when you said you missed your sisters. I understand what you mean.'

'Do you have sisters too?' He asked.

'No, I have 2 brothers. Lucas, he's 25 and Caleb, who's 18. We were very close when we were young and I miss them a lot.' I sighed. 'Oh well, there have to be some down falls to all your fame and fabulousness.' I said nudging him in the ribs and winking.

'I'm fabulous?' he laughed. 'Thank you very much.'

***

The letterbox slammed shut. I woke up with a jump.

'Oh crap!'

I looked to my right to see Louis. He was rubbing his face, his hair looking tousled and very, very sexy.

'What was that? I jumped out of my skin.' He grumbled.

'The letterbox, the postman must have just come. What time is it?' I sighed, running my fingers through my hair, checking out the situation while he checked the time on his phone.

I must have fallen asleep on his shoulder, he was leaning against the arm of the sofa and I was sort of folded into the side of him, bent to fit the shape of his body. Wow, technically I've 'slept' with Louis Tomlinson. I laughed at the thought.

'It's 12pm. Shit! I have to be in the studio! I'm so sorry. I have to go!' He jumped off the sofa. Shoving his phone in his pocket, bending down to put his converse back on.

'Oh God, sorry. I shouldn't have fallen asleep. Do you want anything before you go?' I said.

'It's fine, the boys won't mind if I'm a tiny bit late. I do it often enough. This wasn't your fault.' He smiled at me. 'I really, really enjoyed last night. We should do it again. Can I grab another can of red bull to go please? If that's okay?'

'Yeah that's fine.' I passed him a can and he kissed me on the cheek.

'Thanks, I'll see you soon!' He walked out of the door and waved back to me.

I slouched down on the sofa. I was so tired; we'd been up nearly all night.

I felt a lump under my leg. I felt around and pulled out a black, Dolce and Gabana leather wallet. Louis must have left it. I flipped it open to see if it was his. His 'Syco Headquarters' security pass confirmed it. His tanned face was smiling up at me from the small photo.

I grabbed my phone and dialled his number when there was a knock at the door. I jumped up, the phone still pressed against my ear as I opened the door. Louis' face was smiling at me, the real face, not the photo.

'You left your wallet.' I said, simply. I hung up the phone with one hand and handed him his wallet with the other.

'Yeah, I just realised. Thanks.'

He was looking at me, like, really looking at me. I looked like a mess. Bed hair, probably morning breath and last night's clothes. It managed to look very attractive on him, me; not so much.

He leaned in slowly and before I knew it his lips were on mine. I felt his mouth crease into a smile around mine, I opened my mouth a bit to allow him in and his tongue entered my mouth. His warm lips matched mine perfectly.

He pulled away, far too soon for my liking. I looked into his eyes and grinned shyly.

'I have to go, I'll text you.' He quietly told me. He turned around and walked back down the steps to his car. His muscular arms swinging at his sides like a joyful child.