chapter 74

Chapter 74

'Babe?' Louis called from the bedroom as I walked through the apartment door.

I entered the bedroom, put my bag on the bed next to Louis' t-shirt and followed the direction his voice came in. He was in the bathroom, standing in front of the mirror shaving his face, wearing nothing but a towel around his waist. 'Yeah?' I sat on the toilet seat and watching him methodically stroke the razor over his strong chin.

'The magazine's here.' He put the razor on the edge of the sink and turned to look at me with a grin. 'I haven't read it, I wanted to do it together.'

'Hurry up then! I'm dying to see it!' He picked the razor back up with a laugh and carried on.

'I nearly done. Control yourself.' He said with a smile. I tapped him on the bum was I stood up and left. I took a hoodie and tracksuit bottoms from the wardrobe and quickly changed.

Louis strolled into the bedroom as I was sitting on the edge of the bed, replying to a text. I stopped and watched him with a smiled as he pulled on the clothes he'd laid out on the bed. He caught me watching, winked and whispered 'later'.

He left the room before reappearing with a glossy magazine in his hand. He sat next to me and placed it on my lap. The main photo was of Beyoncé and Jay Z with their second child. It was a nice photo, bit in the corner was a smaller photo of Louis and I. Louis had his arm around my shoulder and we were sitting on the couch, my legs were tucked up under me and I was laughing, my forehead resting on Louis' shoulder as my face was grinning. He was looking down at me, smiling softly, his blue eyes shining against his tanned face.

The headline read 'The Future Mr and Mrs Tomlinson. Their First Exclusive Interview!' Louis flicked straight to the page with the interview on it and left it open, spread out on our laps. One side of the page was a close up for Louis kissing my forehead, while I had my eyes shut, smiling. Smaller, in the corner was a close up of the ring on my finger. The square diamond looked massive against the slender platinum band. The other page had the interview which we read in silence.

'I love you even more after reading that.' Louis sighed.

'How come?' I asked, closing the magazine and putting it on the bed next to us.

He wrapped his arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. 'You're just amazing. You're so sweet and funny, it's endearing.'

I couldn't help but smile in response. 'I love you. I mean, who else drags all of his best friends around Paris to find an engagement ring they all like?'

'Only the best of men.' He grinned.

'Ha!' I laughed before pushing him back onto the bed and kissing his collar bone, which was peaking over the top of his t-shirt. 'You're definitely the best!'