chapter 80

Chapter 80

I woke up to the sun spilling into the room. In our haste to get into bed we'd forgotten to close the curtains. Louis was already awake, my head was resting on his chest and one of his arms was draped over my shoulder and lightly traced up and down my arm. I kissed his chest before sitting up to face him.

‘Morning Mr. Tomlinson’ I yawned before tussling his hair with my hand. He grabbed my wrist and kissed the palm of my hand.

‘Good morning Mrs. Tomlinson. Did you sleep well?’ He winked.

‘Well, seeing as we only fell asleep an hour ago, yes, I slept very well during that space of time.’ I grinned. ‘How about you?’

‘Same.’ He nodded. ‘We have about an hour and a half before we have to go to breakfast.’

‘Yeah?’ I asked with a smirk. In reply he pushed me back onto the bed and kissed my collar bone before wrapping a leg over my waist.

I was wearing a plain white dress with a chunky grey cardigan over the top and black flats. It was quite cold outside as it was only January. Louis was wearing chinos and a stripy top with his usual Toms.

I was standing waiting to board the plane in the queue next to Louis, his arm was wrapped around my waist, pulling me into his side. ‘It's weird thinking we met on a plane.’ He mumbled, his lips pressed to my temple.

I thought back to when we met and smiled. ‘Yeah, to think I wasn't really looking forward to going to Ibiza.’

‘It's fate.’ He winked. The queue slowly inched forward so we followed, through the doors and into the cold air that brushed against our skin as we made our way to the stairs of the plane. The weather had taken a turn for the worse. Yesterday it had been sunny, chilly but bright with no clouds in the sky. Today it was grey, rainy and bitterly cold. I was beginning to regret my choice of clothing.

I gripped the cold metal banister as I climbed the stairs, Louis' hand still in my other one, the only warmth on my body. The air stewardesses took one look at my boarding pass and smiled. ‘Could you follow me please?’ she asked. I looked at Louis, confused and began to follow her through the plane when he nodded.

We made our way through the narrow aisle, Louis following close behind me. A few people turned to look at us both, their eyes flying straight past me and on to Louis when they realised who he was. I heard a few gasps and ‘Omg's!’ which caused me to smile.

The air hostess that was the leading the way pulled aside the blue curtain and gestured for us to go ahead as she held it open for us. ‘Welcome to first class. Your seats are over there, we hope you enjoy your flight.’ She grinned and pointed to where we were meant to sit before dropping the curtain and leaving, heading back towards the doors of the plane.

I sat down in the large leather chair and looked at Louis with an eyebrow raised in question. He looked at me and smirked. ‘What?’ he asked.

‘First class? I thought we were flying normally?’

He sat down next to me after putting my bag in the overhead compartment. ‘We are flying normally.’

‘No, this is you flying normally. For me, flying normally is back there, on top of the wheels next to someone who hogs my arm rest.’

‘Well from now on this is how we fly.’ He smiled. ‘You're with me now and this is how the Tomlinson's do it.’

I giggled at him referring to us as ‘The Tomlinson's’ it was cute. ‘Well I could get used to this.’ I settled back into the chair and took Louis' hand off his lap and held it in mine.

The plane filled up and we took off, the plane raising higher and higher into the sky, through the clouds and into the clearer sky above them.

We stepped through the airport doors into the terminal to collect our bags. A loud voice echoed through the room saying ‘Welcome to Barcelona’ before babbling on about something to do with security. Our bags came round on the conveyor and Louis grabbed them up quickly, the muscles in his arms flexing as he did so.

‘Come on wife, let's get going!’ He marched ahead with both of our suitcases so I jogged forwards to meet up with him. I slipped my hand into the handle of my suitcase next to his and pulled it towards me slightly. He looked at me and winked before letting me take it.

We stepped outside of the airport onto the bustling street and waited for a taxi. Cars, mini buses and coaches were scattered everywhere, the traffic noise was loud and people milled about, chatting away in rapid Spanish or hugging friends or family goodbye with tears in their eyes.

A yellow taxi pulled up in front of us and the driver stepped out. He was a short man with tanned skin and the typical dark hair of Spanish men. His pink t-shirt was tight against his large belly as it was pulled tight to fit into the waist band of his shorts.

a dónde vas amigos?’ He asked with a smile. Louis and I looked at each other in confusion. Neither of us spoke a word of Spanish.

‘Oh boy.’ Louis sighed under his breath before speaking louder to the man. ‘Uhh…Hotel Alma Barcelona?’ He grimaced as he realised the driver probably wouldn't understand.

‘Ah! Alma Barcelona. Sí, sí.’ His eyes were wide as he nodded madly with understanding. He took our bags off the pavement and swung them into the boot before slamming it shut.

‘Your Spanish is better than you think!’ I laughed at Louis as he realised the man understood.

We slid into the back of the taxi and sat back and watched as the streets of Barcelona passed us by on the way to our hotel and the Executive Suite that awaited our arrival.