chapter 45

Chapter 45

'This is the nicest fudge cake ever!' Jay sighed as she lifted another spoonful towards her mouth. Lottie, the twins and Jay were the only ones who could manage a dessert.

'Enjoying your ice cream Daisy?' Mark laughed as he picked up a napkin and wiped the ice cream off her nose. She grinned cheekily and dug in for another go.

'So Lou, what do you plan on doing for the next few days?' Mark asked.

'Not sure yet, I was thinking we could go shopping or something but then I don't really know. Doncaster isn't exactly New York.'

Mark laughed. 'You've turned into a shopaholic.'

'Tell me about it.' I mumble and roll my eyes. Louis turns to me with his mouth open and a playfully shocked look on his face.

'Excuse you.'

'Oh leave him alone. He has good taste.' Lottie spoke up for his brother.

'Well, I'm sure you'll think of something to do.'

Louis payed the bill and we all left. He took my hand as we went to the car and pulled me close. 'They love you,' he whispered.

'Really? How do you know?' I asked.

'I just do. Can't you see it? My parents love you and the girls absolutely adore you. I'm so lucky.'

'Well, I'm glad they do, I don't know what I'd do if they didn't like me. I know how much family means to you.' I smile at him and wrapp my arm around his waist.

We got to his car, but this time it was just the two of us. Louis said he wanted to take me somewhere but because he'd had a drink, I drove. The powerful rumble of his car felt brilliant under my feet. I'd never driven anything like it before tonight, it was exciting.

'So, where are you taking me?' I asked as Louis fiddled with the radio.

'It's a surprise.'

I shot him a glare.

'Loouuuuu'

'Sorry baby.' He smiled.

'How can it be a surprise? I'm driving us there! You have to tell me.'

'You won't get it out of me. Keep going down this road.' I did as he said and followed the road. We were driving through a quiet street, the sun had set a while ago, but it wasn't completely dark yet. The street lights were only just flickering on in the dusk, lighting up the navy sky.

'Turn left here.'

I carried on following the directions until Louis told me to stop.

'Where are we?' I asked as we climbed out of the car. Before I could lock the car Louis had opened the boot. I looked around at the large, green field spreading out in front of us.

'A field.' He laughed as he slammed the boot shut. I noticed he was holding a folded up blanket in his hands and I raised an eye brow suspiciously. 'Come on.' He took my hand and led me to a large wooden gate that he climbed over. I followed and jumped down next to him.

We walked in silence right to the centre of the field. Our hands tightly locked together while our legs moved in sync. Once he was happy with where we were he stopped and shook out the blanket, spreading it out on the ground.

We both sat down on the blanket and he wrapped his arm around my shoulders, looking up at the stars shining bright in the sky.

'I've always wanted to just sit up here and look at the stars and I thought there'd be nobody better to do it with than you.' He whispered.

'That's so romantic-' I said but he silenced me with a finger to my lips.

'I don't know why, but it feels wrong talking normally here, I just want to whisper.'

I kissed him on the cheek and whispered, 'then maybe we shouldn't talk at all.'

Louis squeezed my hand in agreement and turned to kiss me. His hand wound itself around my hair and pressed me closer to his mouth. I felt his breath tickle my face. It was warm and soft. His other hand rested on my arm as he rolled over on top of me and kissed me harder, his tongue searching my mouth.