chapter 52

Chapter 52

I sat on the white sofa next to Spencer. Everything was white: the floor, ceiling and furniture. Absolutely everything. The curtain to the changing room rustled and Rose stepped out. She tiptoed into the main room wearing a mermaid style dress but it wasn't ridiculously poofy at the bottom. It came out subtly. It was fitted all the way up and the bodice had a faint pearlescent swirly pattern that was subtle against the pristine whiteness of it.

Spencer and I both gasped in amazement. She looked beautiful. She smiled shyly as she smoothed her hands over the material. The woman who helped her into the dress smiled appreciatively next to her. Nodding as she noted our reactions.

'You look breathtaking' I sighed. Rose nodded in agreement.

'Do you like it? I'm not sure about the material. Does it look okay?' She twisted around to see the back of the dress in the mirror that completely covered one of the walls.

'I like it.' Spencer said. 'Correction, I love it! Babe you look stunning!'

'I agree!' I said.

'I only have two dressed in mind.' She said absentmindedly as she looked in the mirror. 'This one and another one. I'll go and try it on now.' She smiled at us before re-entering the changing room, the assistant entering with her. The white curtain was pulled back across and it was just Spencer and I in the room again.

'That looked gorgeous!' Spencer sighed. She picked up the catalogue next to her and flicked through it, look at all the different ideas and materials.

'It did, I really liked it. It looked amazing on her figure!'

Before we knew it she was coming back out of the changing room.

This time we were speechless and Rose was just standing there with the biggest smile on her face. When we could finally talk again Spencer and I both gasped and said in unison 'That's the one!'

...

I was sitting in the wooden pew of the church. Spencer was next to me as we waited for the ceremony to start. The boys were all standing at the front in matching black suits. The material was perfectly fitted and they looked like models as they stood around chatting with a very nervous Liam. Louis was joking around as usual causing the rest of them to burst out laughing in the church that was slowly filling with people. I couldn't exactly hear what it was that Louis was saying but at one point I heard Louis say 'We all look like Charlie's angles. In our black suits.' I then heard all the boys laugh at him and then Harry say 'Or Men in Black.' Louis laughed at himself before saying 'Yeah, that sounds a bit more manly.' A couple of minutes later Louis threw his head back laughing at something Niall had said. Then the boys laughed along, even Liam, who was beginning to look a little more relaxed.

Louis stopped laughing and looked around the church, smiling and waving at people that he knew. His gaze turned in my direction and he caught my eye. He winked and flashed me a perfect smile, then mouthed the words 'you look gorgeous' to me. I put my head and smiled but before I lost the chance mouthed back to him 'You look hot!' He smiled, straightened his tie and then turned his attention back to the boys.

'Niall looks gorgeous, don't you think?' Spencer whispered in my ear. I looked at her and grinned.

'I'll admit, he does, but they all do. They scrub up exceptionally well.' I noticed a woman I'd met at a party before with Louis waving at me. I waved and smiled at her before looking back to Spencer. 'I can't wait to see Liam's face when Rose walks out. He's going to melt! She's going to look breath taking.'

As if on queue, the organ started to play the wedding march and everyone stood up. I looked at Spencer and grinned before we turned to look at the bride as she walked through the door.

The dress she'd chosen was nothing short of perfect! It was a straight, floor length dress. In the cleanest shade of white you'd ever see. It was fitted from the bust to the waist and came out ever so slightly the rest of the way down to the floor. There was a simple grey ribbon around her tiny waist that tied into a bow at the back. Her light hair was hanging down her back in perfect curls and her simple make up made her look radiant. In her hands was a large bouquet of purple flowers that matched the soft purple colour of the bridesmaid's dresses. She looked flawless.

I turned my head to look at Liam who was standing at the altar with the biggest smile on his face. His eyes shone and his teeth bit his lip as she got closer to him. His hands were clasped in front of him, hanging by his waist as he waited. The boys grinned behind him, they all looked so proud of Daddy Direction.

She finally reached Liam and her father passed her hand into Liam's. He kissed her on the cheek and went to sit by her mum who was already dabbing at tears on her cheek. I think I even caught a tear rolling down her older brother's cheek too.

Liam held Rose's hand tightly. His eye's never left hers and I could tell that he was never ever going to let her go. Liam's knuckles were white as he held her delicate hands in his own. They grinned at each other and both had eyes full of tears yet to fall.

Spence and I sat together, dabbing at the few tears that spilled over as they said their vows. Zayn, who was usually very serious and solemn, didn't stop smiling once during it all.

Before we knew it the vicar announced 'You may now kiss the bride!' His powerful voice filled the small church that was filled with family and friends. Liam pulled Rose towards him and kissed her passionately on the lips. Louis whooped loudly and the rest of the boys joined in, cheering and clapping. The whole church joined in and they walked down the aisle together to the sound of clapping hands and cheering people. Their smiles were so wide and happy they could be seen from space.

'That was so romantic!' Spencer sniffed. She squeezed my hand as we left the pew and followed the crowd outside.

'I know. She looks gorgeous and Liam looked so happy.'

We stood with the rest of the crowd as they had photos outside of the church. The sun streaming down, making the area shine. The weather couldn't have been better on such a big day for them.

There was such a sweet photo where Rose stood in between all of the boys, she hand clasped with Liam's while the boys had their arms around each other's shoulders. They all grinned happily; they hadn't stopped from the moment they saw her.

Spence and I both got a photo with Rose, we stood each stood on one side of her with our arms around each other's waists. All the boys then jumped in and all eight of us got a lovely picture together. We were like one big family.

After lots and lots of begging, Paul finally agreed to a picture with them all, I think this may have been the first time many people have seen him smile.

'Do you think we should head to the reception now?' Spencer asked. 'Everyone else seems to be going.'

The new married couple had just left in their vintage Aston Martin, headed for the reception venue. The boys were following behind in their cars.

'Yeah, let's get a taxi.'

...

'As you all... er.. know, I'm a man of... erm... very few words.' Harry began. A quiet chuckle went around the room. He'd just stood up to say his speech. He was the last one. 'I just want to... erm, say how proud I am of one of my best friends tonight.... He's found the perfect girl... er, woman, and I hope that one day I find love like this. They... are two incredibly... genuine and sweet people that are... perfectly matched. I wish them all the happiness and luck in the world... To Liam and Rose!' He called as he raised his champagne glass in the air.

There was a round of applause as he sat down and took a sip of his drink. Liam leant across to him and whispered in his ear before looking back to Rose and kissing her on the cheek.

Harry and Niall got up off of their chair and crossed the dance floor where there was a single microphone and a guitar in the middle. Liam pulled Rose up from her chair and led her to the dance floor. Niall put the guitar strap around his neck and Harry cleared his throat. Liam pulled Rose close to him and they whirled across the dance floor as Harry sung 'Isn't She Lovely' and Niall played the guitar. It was just the two of them together under a spotlight. The music floated around the room as they danced, their eyes absorbed on each other.

The song and their first dance ended so people slowly began to get up and dance. I felt warms hands land on my shoulders so I turned my neck to see who it was. Louis' face was smiling down at me.

'May I have this dance?' He beamed, extending his tanned hand towards me dramatically.

'Of course.' I placed my smaller hand in his and he pulled me up to him. We walked onto the dance floor, him in front, leading me through the dancers so we were right in the centre.

He kissed me on my bare collar bone before pulling me into his arms. My hands linked behind his neck as his hands settled on my hips.

Each of the members of the band each got to sing one song and so Louis and I danced around the room, listening to Zayns beautiful voice.

'You look amazing.' I told him looking again at his suit.

'Hey, hey, the man is supposed to compliment his woman on how gorgeous she looks before she can tell him how good he looks.' He said ignoring my compliment.

'Oh, I'm sorry. Forget I even mentioned anything about you looking amazing.' I smiled.

'Thank you now shush so I can tell you how amazing you look.' I nodded and he spun me around in a circle. 'You look gorgeous.' He smiled.

I grinned.

'Oh my god. You really caught me off guard there. Wow, that compliment was just so unexpected.' Louis laughed and looked into my eyes which I had firmly locked on his. 'You clean up pretty well too. You look very 007.'

'Why thank you my lady.' He laughed. We danced and swayed slowly along with the music. My head was rested on his shoulder. My shoes had been taken off long ago and left under my chair. I'd been sitting on a table with Louis' family and Spencer. Lottie had been quick to offer to look after my Louboutin's while I danced with Louis.

As we twirled on the hard wood floor I didn't want to be anywhere else.

I'd decided to drink that night as it was a special occasion so I was slightly tipsy, but not as drunk as Louis.

I heard Zayn's song finish and then the microphone squeak before Niall's beautiful voice filled my ears with a more up-beat song.

'I love you.' He whispered into my ear as he kissed my neck. I couldn't quite hear him so when I gave him a puzzled look he called above the music. 'I love you.'

'I love you too man!' Harry called as he spun past, dancing with his sister, Gemma. Louis and I laughed as Gemma looked slightly sick at the speed they were going at.

Eventually Niall finished his song and Louis broke away from me and walked up to the stage as it was his turn to sing. I stood there alone in the middle of the dance floor when I was suddenly tapped on the shoulder. I turned around to find Zayn.

'Need a dance partner?' He asked me with his adorable smile.

'I sure do.' I took his hand and he placed his hands on my waist as was danced around the room listening to Louis sing Valarie. He smiled when he saw Zayn dancing with me, but the whole time I couldn't help but feel that he was singing to me. Zayn and I laughed as we danced around together. These boys were the 5 most amazing friends I'd ever had.