chapter 46

Chapter 46

I woke up to the chirping birds. Goosebumps had broken out along my arms, the only bare skin. I ran my hands up and down my arms and wrapped my feet in the blanket. Louis was snoring lightly next to me. I slipped my hand into the back pocket of my jeans and pulled out my phone. 6:30am.

'Lou' I nudged him with my arm. He didn't respond. I leant down and kissed him on the lips. Still no response. That's it! I grabbed my phone back out of my pocket, found a loud song and pressed play.

The song burst through the speakers. Louis' eyes shot open and he sat up with a jolt. I held my sides as I went weak with laughter. His face was a mixture of shock and extreme tiredness. He finally realised what had happened and started tickling me, I was on my back wriggling around trying to get him to stop. I broke free from his hands, jumped up and ran across the field towards the gate and the car. Still laughing I looked back to find Louis following me, the blanket trailing out of his hand behind him, he was laughing and stumbling. His limbs not yet awake.

I got to the gate and climbed over. Catching my breath, I strolled to the car and waited for Louis to join me.

'I'm so gonna get you back for that!' He panted as he reached the car. 'It was totally uncalled for.' He stood in front of me. I was leaning against his car, the keys in my hand.

'Well, that's what you get for not kissing me back. I so kindly gave you a good morning kiss, and you so rudely didn't respond.' I teased. Louis put the blanket on the roof and placed his hands on my hips.

'Let me make up for that then.' He pulled me forwards and my mouth met his.

Suddenly his hands started tickling my waist again. I squealed and leapt away. I ran around to the other side of the car, threw him the keys over the roof of the car and climbed in before he could tickle me again.

He grabbed the blanket off the roof and got in after me.

...

We were back at the house by 7am. Nobody else was awake so we snuck upstairs and climbed into bed.

Before we knew it we were both asleep again, this time in the warmth and on a comfy mattress.