chapter 5

Chapter 5

He expertly manoeuvred his Porsche into a parking space. The radio was quietly playing 'The Fray' in the background.

'Here we are. You ready?' He said, looking at me as he opened the door.

'I am' I grinned, reaching for my bag. Before I could even blink he had opened my door. I hadn't even removed my seatbelt yet!

'Such a gentleman.' I joked. He just laughed. 'So, are you going to tell me where we're going now?' I asked.

I was now standing in front of him. The car door a thin shield between our bodies. My eyes were level with his. I was gazing into them and him into mine.

'Well, I thought we could go to the cinema and the out for food. That sound okay?' He said quietly, still looking into my eyes as he went to shut my door.

'That sounds great!' I maintained eye contact with him. Louis grinned and grabbed my hand. He held it tight as we walked towards the cinema, his warm hand making my whole body tingle.

We walked through the doors to the cinema. The base soundtrack of films playing in the occupied rooms echoed and vibrated through the entrance. The scent of popcorn hung around the room and the TV's on the walls played trailers of upcoming films.

Louis bought us drinks and tickets to see the latest Bond film. I'm a bit of a James Bond nerd, turns out he is too.

'James Bond?' My eyes widened with excitement.

'Yeah, unless you want to see something else. I mean, our second movie is out if you wanted to go see that?' He shrugged and pointed to a large cardboard cut out of himself and the four other band members across the room, promoting their recent movie.

'Hmm, the temptation is there. But let's stick to 007. Seeing your face once is enough, having you on screen as well may just overdo it' I took a sip of my frozen drink and Louis placed a hand to his chest.

'Ouch. That hurt a little' He grinned at me and I just laughed. He joined in soon after. Our laughter was cut short when a high pitched voice screamed out.

'LOUIS!' We both turned around and four girls were standing with their phones out.

'We thought it was you! Can we have a photo please?' One of them asked. Another one shot a glance at me. Distaste was clear in her eyes. Louis noticed the girls' rude glare towards me, he gave me an apologetic smile and then gave a small nod towards the girls. He agreed but to only one photo with each.

'I am on a date, after all. I hope you can respect that.' He said, glancing at me and smiling reassuringly. He let go of my hand and smiled for the photos. He said goodbye and came back to me, grabbing my hand again.

'Sorry about that. It kind of comes with the job.' He looked at me and smiled. I couldn't believe that gorgeous smile was aimed at me. Was I really worthy of it? He seemed to think so, even if that fan didn't.

'It's okay. I understand.' I squeezed his hand. 'I have one question though.'

I stopped walking and Louis had a worried look on his face now.

'When do I get my photo? I mean that is the only reason I'm here.' Louis burst out laughing and I stood there tapping my foot impatiently as he laughed at my joke.

He turned to me and grabbed my popcorn from my hands.

'Well then, if that's the case, you can go take a photo with my cut out. I'm going to see the movie' He took a piece of popcorn and placed it in his mouth.

'I suppose I'll just take a photo while you're sleeping or something' I smiled and pushed open the door into the dark cinema hearing Louis laughing behind me. I'm glad we have the same sense of humour. It makes talking to him so much easier.

We slipped in into the back row of seats that were empty. We chatted about our favourite films until the lights dimmed. I slid down a bit in my seat and felt Louis shift.

'Before the movie starts, let's get comfortable, shall we' I didn't quite understand what he meant so I stayed quiet. I watched as he removed the arm rest from between our bodies. I looked up to at his face.

Does he want me to move closer to him? Oh my god.

He smirked at me, he knew what I was thinking, but before I could make any movements to get closer to him he placed the bucket of popcorn right in the space between us.

'There we go. Comfortable, yes?'

I looked at him and laughed.

'Yes.' I smiled and he smiled back. We stared at each other for a little but the loud noise of the screen coming to life scared the both of us and we both broke into laughter. Louis gave me once last smirk before we both turned our attention to the screen.

A few minutes in and I felt Louis shift. He stretched his arms and I felt his arm settle over my shoulders. I smiled at him and he smiled back.

By the middle of the movie we had devoured the popcorn so Louis removed the empty box from between us.

Near the end of the film, I got a random chill, and shivered. Louis looked at me and rubbed his hand up and down my arm in attempt of comfort and to warm me up. I didn't look at him, but I did lean my head up against his shoulder.

We spent the remainder of the film like that. His arm casually wrapped around my shoulders as I leaned against his side. I giggled occasionally at Louis when I would feel him flinch at scary parts of the movie.

The titles scrolled down the screen and the lights came back on slowly. I blinked and sat up straight as Louis stood up and stretched.

'Wow. That was great.' I nodded in agreement.

'It was!'

'You ready to eat?'

'I'm starving! Bring it on.' I laughed.

'I love a girl with an appetite.' He grinned. 'Let's go.'