chapter 8

Chapter 8

I showered and changed ready for work. It was four days after my date with Louis and we'd texted a lot since. The band was busy in the studio all day working on their fourth album, so we hadn't been able to meet up again.

I grabbed my keys, bag and phone off the counter and ran down the path to my car. If I didn't leave quickly I'd be caught in rush hour, everyone knows London rush hour is awful.

I turned the keys and the car and the radio burst into life. I giggled to myself when I realised what was playing. It was One Direction's first ever single What Makes You Beautiful. I hummed along with it as I made my way to work.

'Aria, your shift ends in fifteen minutes!' My boss called from behind me.

'Thanks, Lachie!' I'd been working for 4 hours already; it was nearly 12:30. The lunch time rush was in full swing and the queue was snaking out the door. Starbucks was always busy at this time of the day.

I looked up at the person in front of me as they ordered, I was ready to go now. I needed to get a dress for a party coming up. Like a robot I made the drink for my customer and took their money. Ten minutes left.

'Hey, can I have a latte please?' I recognised that voice.

I looked up and it was Louis. I blinked, not believing it was him.

'Louis? Hi, how come you're not surrounded by squealing people?' I asked and he grinned when he realised I recognised him.

'I'm in disguise.' He dramatically winked. I could only see him from the waist up, but he was wearing a Jack Willis hoodie, his glasses and a hat. He looked stunning!

'Oh right, well it's very good. I almost- oh no, Louis? Louis? Where did you go? Oh there you are.' I smiled and he laughed.

'Oh you're soooo funny!' He said sarcastically but a smile broke through.

I made him his drink and gave it to him. He handed me his money.

'Did I hear that you finish in fifteen minutes?' He asked as he shoved the change into his pocket.

'Yeah, but about five now.' I smiled.

'I'll be on the bench outside. I have some time off, want to join me?'

'Sure, I'll see you in a little bit.'

'Great. There are some people I want you to meet.' He smiled and walked away, leaving me grinning like a loser.

The next five minutes flew by. I went out to the locker room and got changed into jeans and a hoodie. I shoved my work clothes in my bag and I left through the front door.

As promised, he was sitting there sipping his Latte, leaning against the potted tree behind him. It was beginning to rain. He looked up to see if I was coming and spotted me. I grin broke out on his face. He put his phone in his pocket and stood up to greet me. He kissed me on the cheek and we sat down.

'So, who am I meeting?' I asked pulling my hood up.

'You'll see, although you probably already know.' He laughed.

'Let me guess, the rest of the guys?'

'How did you know?' He said, pretending to be shocked

'One of my many talents' I shrugged.

'I look horrible, I can't meet them looking like this!' I suddenly felt self-conscious. These were his best friends. I wanted to look a bit more presentable than I did at the moment.

'You look perfect! It's just a few lads, you don't need to be in a prom dress to meet them do you?'

I just looked at him. 'No, but I'd like to look a bit tidier than this!'

'Trust me, you look great.' He said looking me in the eyes.