chapter 43

Chapter 43

'This is my room.' Louis pushed open his door and took my bag in. I followed him in and looked around. I expected it to look like a teenage boy's room, left the way it was when he moved out at 19, but it wasn't. Mark and Jay had decorated it into a normal guest bedroom; it was a neutral colour with large double bed in the middle.

'I must admit, I was expecting a room full of football posters and pictures of Natalie Portman on your walls.' I said as I looked around.

'I'm not gonna lie, there used to be, but mum and dad cleared all that out about a year after I moved out for good.' He dumped his bag onto the bed and put mine down next to it.

'Where are we going tonight? I don't know what to wear.' I rummaged through my bag, looking at the clothes I'd brought with me.

'There's this really nice Italian place in town,' He was looking in his bag, pulling out his shampoo and shower gel.

'So do I go fancy, casual or what?'

'Well, smartish but not like prom dresses and tiaras.' He grinned.

'Oh yeah, 'cause you know me, I never leave home without my tiaras.' I teased and he laughed.

I had a shower and then Louis went in after. In the cinema we'd watched the new Disney Movie, Frozen. It was actually quite funny. Louis spent the whole time laughing and holding my hand.

I decided on my floral peplum dress. It was overly dressy but very feminine. I kept my Tiffany necklace on; I rarely took it off since he gave it to me. I didn't want to tower over his entire family so I wore simple black ballet flats. Took my hair out of the side braid it was in and it hung over my shoulder in a wavy state.

Louis was still getting ready so I went downstairs to see if anyone else was ready. It was just Felicity. She was sitting on the sofa reading a book. She was wearing a beautifuly patterned skin tight top and had it tucked into a flowy black waist skirt. Her blonde hair was falling in front of her face, the blonde waves specially done for the occasion.

'You look really pretty.' I said as I sat down on the sofa opposite her. She looked up and smiled.

'Thank you. So do you.' She said quietly as she closed her book and put it down next to her.

'What are you reading?' I asked.

'The Hunger Games, I wasn't old enough to read them when they first came out, but mum has finally let me.'

'I read them when I was younger. I loved them!' Her eyes lit up as I leaned forward in my seat.

'They're really good aren't they?' She said and I nodded.

'Yeah, so which team are you on? Team Gale or Peeta?'

'Gale.' She blushed. 'He's lovely. What about you?'

'Definately team Peeta all the way.' I smiled, she no longer seemed shy towards me. It was the first time we had properly spoken. On the way to the cinema and after she was the quietest.

We carried on chatting about the books and the films, which she still wasn't old enough to watch, while we waited for the others. Mark joined us after a while in a shirt and trousers. He joined in as much as he could but soon realised he had no idea what we were talking about. He wandered off and pottered around in the kitchen.