chapter 87

Chapter 87

The next three days dragged, even though I was barely alone for 5 minutes. Louis practically moved into the hospital with me and the others were always visiting. Then that day came. I was sitting in the chair next to the bed instead of in it for once and Louis was lying on his stomach on the bed I couldn't wait to get away from.

'We're back on tour tomorrow. We're leaving tonight.' He sighed, dropping his head so his chin rested on the powder blue blanket provided by the hospital.

It felt like there was a led balloon in my stomach, I didn't want him to go but I knew he had to. 'You'll be in Scotland won't you?' I asked. I didn't really know what to say, I didn't want to sound disappointed and make him feel guilty.

He climbed off the bed and came over to me in the chair. I squished over so he could sit next to me. He pulled me onto his lap so I was sitting on the side, my legs over the arm of the chair. I had my head resting on his as I straightened my torso, careful not to pull any stitches. 'Yeah' he mumbled into my cheek. 'We'll be home on the 23rd, so I'll pick you up from here as soon as I'm back.'

We sat like that for a while until the silence of the room was interrupted by the door flying open. 'Can we go to Nandos soon? I haven't had one since last Saturday, I'm craving one!' Niall asked as he burst into the room. Zayn and Harry were mucking around, it looked as though Harry was trying - and failing - to flatten Zayn's quiff. It was only then that I realised I'd been falling asleep on Louis' lap. I jerked awake, causing Louis to chuckle softly, his breath tickling my cheek.

'Hey' Liam smiled at me. 'I'm afraid we've come to collect Louis.' He looked at Louis and then at me again. 'I'll...um...give you both a minute.' He turned around and pulled the boys back out the door. They all waved as they passed the window.

'I didn't think they'd be here so soon.' Louis sighed. 'Promise me you'll call if they find who did it...just call me. I miss your voice when we're away.' He smiled sadly.

I had to take a deep breath to calm myself down. I didn't want to get upset. 'I will.' I stroked the cotton of his t-shirt with my thumb. Tracing circles over his collar bone. I rested my forehead against his and looked him in the eye. 'Go and have fun. I'll be fine here. I'll see you soon.' I kissed his lips softly and was surprised when he bit my lower lip between his teeth. His hand wrapped around my neck and pulled my face closer to his, he kissed me properly, his tongue meeting mine before pulling away and sighing.

'I guess I'd better go.' I carefully pulled myself up off his lap and held out a hand to help him up. I wrapped my arms around his waist and hugged him close to me one more time before he went. 'See you in three days.' He smiled.

'Yeah, three days.' I whispered back. He headed to the door, my fingers still linked in his and only let go when he couldn't go any further without pulling me with him.

He left the room and waved as he passed the window. I raised my hand and waved back until he was out of sight and I was alone again. Great. I thought. Last time I was alone I got shot. I wonder what's in store for me this time.