Chapter 1.

August 22, 1966

I sat on my bed early that morning, writing in my notebook and reading an article in the newspaper. I crumpled it and tossed it into the trash bin.

Why were they always there. There meaning in my mind. It's like I couldn't get rid of them. Of him.

I sighed and stood up, walking over to the tv and turning it on. I groaned as they were being interviewed by some over flirtatious girl who had high hair. I rolled my eyes and turned it off.

"Fucking John Lennon." I muttered while undressing. I made my way to the shower and stood under the hot water.

They arrive in New York tonight. And I was going to be there. Not to say hello and beg for him to come back to me. But to tell him to keep his stupid letters and to leave me the hell alone.

..

I was in my office, furiously typing as I heard a knock on the door. I sighed.

"Come in."

"I need a copy of that article you showed me last night."

I nodded and looked around the pile of papers on my desk. I dropped my cup of coffee, spilling it all over my work. I groaned and shook my head.

"This day is just...fucking hell." I bit my lip.

Andrew came over and pulled my lip out from between my teeth.

"Come on what's wrong?" He asked.

"I um...nothing. It doesn't matter." I reached around him to grab the papers he wanted. "Here."

"Lucy you haven't been yourself these past few months. I'm worried."

"Well don't be. I'm fine." I said flatly. He sighed and grabbed my hand.

"Come on. Out with it."

"He's coming back. I know he'll want to see me. I mean I broke his heart and I don't care! How much of a selfish bitch am I!?"

"He hurt you first remember? For years. Now, he's realised what it's like."

"A whole year of pain doesn't make up for almost five years. I feel guilty and, angry."

"At yourself or him?" Andrew asked, crossing his arms and watching my face. I sighed.

"Myself. What should I do?"

"This is one problem you need to sort out yourself Luce. Just do what you think is right."

I nodded and looked down at the mess. "I miss you Andrew. I mean...what we shared."

He kissed my cheek. "Me too. But, we can't always get what we want."

"Didn't stop you from letting me get what I wanted last night." I smiled to myself. He laughed.

"I'll get some napkins so we can clean this mess up."

....