Our Home [Analogical] (Modern AU)

Basically the gist is they are moving into their new home and planning on starting a family and decorating the house. Just some Space Dads being adorable. I noticed my Analogical oneshots Are the most popular. With analogical being my favorite ship, I thought I could give you guys another one. Also beware cute space-themed nicknames <3

STORYTIME!

"Hey Luma, what should I do with this box?"

Virgil called out to his newlywed husband. The two had just finished college and found jobs in the Gainesville area, finding enough to start paying for a house and a car. Virgil can bike to his job and Logan has a job at the Kennedy Space center. Sure, that's a three hour drive plus or minutes thirty minutes with traffic, however Logan was willing to make the drive if it meant they could get the house they wanted with extra money in their budget for furniture and groceries for the first month. That was the most important part. Logan, who was fiddling with setting up the kitchen appliances, looked over the granite countertop to see Virgil standing in the middle of the living room, looking around to where to set it. Logan hasn't gotten to the living room yet.

"What does it say on the side of the box, Star?"

Virgil took the box and tossed it lightly, reformatting his hands so he can look around the edges and on the bottom if needed to. In large dark blue sharpie it read photographic memories and documents. Logan always had to be extremely specific, didn't he? He can't just write a few letters and be done? The photo albums and framed stuff must be in here. Man, Virgil couldn't wait to tear this open and get a better look at their wedding photo. He loved that picture so much he never wanted to go another day without seeing the largest smile anyone has ever seen on Logan. By far, their wedding day will be the best day Virgil and Logan will ever experience. Well, at least so far.

"Photo Albums and stuff. Should I just put it on top of the counter or put it in our bedroom? I can start hanging stuff up on the walls and bring the albums upstairs to the library."

Logan just nodded, finding places for all the silverware. Virgil understood and went to the bedroom to sort out the framed pictures from the photo albums. Of course, the Wedding photo was the one in the very top. Virgil picked it up, hands delicately holding the golden frame in hopes of not damaging the paint. Logan was wearing a navy necktie like always with his suit and Virgil's bow tie was purple. They wore causal tuxedos and suits respectively. They didn't want to waste money on the outfits when the budget should be in the activities and cake and all their friends and family who would be there. A smart and worthwhile decision on their parts. Virgil smiled fondly at the photo before taking the little stand on the back and placing it down on la mesita de noche and stepping back to admire it. Logan, being the OCD driven man he is, stopped in the middle of unloading the truck to fix up the bedroom. It was fortunate that the couch and the king sized bed was already in place when they arrived.

"Virgil? Are you in here, Star?"

Logan's voice could be heard behind the halfway ajar door, down the hall. He was looking for him. Had he finished setting up the kitchen already? That man was always determined and diligent with his work, so it should be of no susprise. Virgil always gets sidetracked with chores and organization because he finds something and reflects on it for a solid five minutes. Even for all that work he had to do in the kitchen, that was fast! Virgil giggled and decided to give his boyfriend a little help in finding his location.

"I'm in the bedroom, Luma."

Virgil turned back to his task with the box of photographs. To his surprise, it was just the albums left. He would have sworn he packed more, however Logan could have got to them first when organizing the bedroom and placed them elsewhere in the house. Like the portrait the two of them got when on their honeymoon cruise. They went to Rome, Paris, and Cascais Portugal. They both were wearing old fashioned clothed and had themselves painted like those in eras before technology and photography would. It was uncomfortable sitting entirely still for so long, but it was worth it In the end. Logan loves that portrait. Speak of the devil and an angel appears. Logan walked in the room, seeing Virgil holding the box with the photo albums.

"I was going to run upstairs real quick and put these in the bookshelf. After that I was thinking we could work on the living room together. Does that sound like a plan, Luma?"

Logan nodded. Oh, there's a story behind his nickname. Back in college Virgil would force Logan to calm down and sometimes force him to play video games. Virgil introduced Logan to Mario Galaxy and he fell in love with the lore. He loved the concept of Princess Rosalina and he fell in love with the Lumas. He simply adored the galaxy inspiration and the entire soundtrack. That's why Virgil started calling him Luma. Before he gets sidetracked again in the word count, he walked up the stairs to the library Logan had set up. The IKEA box for the rocking chair was leaning against the baby blue painted wall and the portrait was directly over the three bookshelves Logan had already set up. Virgil chuckled and simply placed the box down before returning downstairs to work on the living room with his boyfriend. Quality time with Logan was the most important thing. Once Virgil got back downstairs, he saw Logan with a box neatly torn open and he was on the floor, holding up one of Virgil's old sweatshirts.

"Star, isn't this from your Junior Year Of Highschool?" 

Virgil shook his head. No, that wasn't from Junior year. There is a much deeper story to that jacket. He wore it every single day throughout all of middle school and high school for a reason. Virgil kept on smiling and walked to the livingroom, sitting down next to Logan. Logan handed him the hoodie. Virgil hugged it and took in a big whiff. Yep. It still reeked of mustard and chili. He went to a lot of football games to support his adoptive older brother. Virgil kept his eyes closed, just holding onto the hoodie while he told its story.

"Back in fifth grade when I was adopted, this was the first thing my parents gave to me. Mum and Mama always told me that this will keep me warm because it was family and family always warms your heart. I wore it everywhere because I always felt cold and I always felt alone without Big Bro Ro, Mum, or Mama. When I met you, I wasn't so cold anymore. I did wear it, as you recall, but I never had a need to after a few years. I always stashed it in my bag and took it with my everywhere though, still do. When we have a kid, I want to give them this same hoodie so they know that even if we aren't always there, we're there. You know?"

Logan stared at Virgil a moment. Virgil felt his heart grow Two time she bigger and his chest go warm just thinking about his family he left back home in Orlando. They grew up in Orlando, but it was always too busy and it really took a toll on Virgil's social anxiety. Gainesville was perfect for him, and Logan too. Virgil opened his eyes when feeling Logan's hand on the side of his face. Logan guided Virgil closer to him so he could steal a kiss From him. It lasted a little bit shorter than he would have liked, but that's okay. Logan looked deep into Virgil's eyes when giving a small monologue of his own.

"And use our kisses and memories to know that I am always with you. I will be working late and have rough hours, Star, but I know that together we can push through and live the perfect life we both desire. Once we get on our feet, we can adopt that child you want. Personally, I always wished for a daughter in hopes of teaching her to make a better place for women and people of the biological female sex. However whomever we wish to adopt when the time is right is who we shall bring into our care. This is our family and our home now, you don't need a physical object for that to reside in your heart. Home is where your heart is, Starlight, and I can only predict and assume that your heart will reside with me."

Virgil really needed that. Virgi pressed his forehead against Logan's, just breathing. It was as though he was trying to send the message that Logan was his home and where his heart was without saying it. Logan got the message and craned his neck upwards, catching Virgil's lips into yet another passionate kiss. This wasn't Logan's home, this wasn't Virgil's home, it was their home. Both of their hearts lied with one another and took refuge in this house they would soon make their own. 

And Virgil had never been happier than he was with Logan.

1506 Words 

If I didn't go out and be an extrovert this story would have been our about six hours ago. Oh well. 

I think the story has a strong enough message and I don't need to give you another one. Just be positive and everything will turn out okay in the end. Internet hugs and blow kisses!

~Eva