Letting It Out

Silence surrounded them for a bit longer before Toshinori's curiosity got the better of him, "If I may ask, why are you afraid of me leaving? I'm just an ordinary guy," He chuckled, but (Y/n) wasn't laughing. A shiver went through (Y/n)'s body, 'Should I... tell him?'

Toshinori saw the doubt swirling around (Y/n) like a dark cloud wrapping around his mind. Toshinori took action, placing his thin hand on top of (Y/n)'s hand. (Y/n) looked up at him, his eyes starting to water from the pent up emotion.

"You can tell me, I won't judge you," Toshinori smiled once more at (Y/n). (Y/n) shook his head, "It's complicated.... my past is... complicated..." Toshinori nodded slowly in understanding, 'Ah, so it is about his past," He rubbed his thumb on the smaller hand. He thought to himself for a bit, 'I don't want to force him into telling me anything, but this might help him with his emotions, maybe... Ahah!'

"You know you kind of remind me of my younger self," He leaned back in his chair relaxing. (Y/n) tilted his head, imploring him to continue, "When I was in my teenage years, I had so much going on at once, to the point where I would be stressing out over little things," (Y/n) raised an eyebrow, Toshinori stopped frantically saying, "N-NOT SAYING THAT YOU ARE LIKE FREAKING OUT ALL THE TIME," Y/n chuckled at the older man's antics, this made Toshinori sigh in relief, "What I mean to say is... I felt alone back then, and I don't want anyone to feel what I went through," He sat up and grabbed (Y/n)'s hand once more.

"When I said 'I am here' I meant that, I don't want people to be scared of the world, I want people to feel good about themselves, so if you ever need to talk about anything, I will be here for you," By the end of Toshinori's speech (Y/n) couldn't hold back his tears anymore, a waterfall of emotion flooded over him. Toshinori, being the kind man he was, got up and sat beside, wrapping one arm carefully around (Y/n)'s shaking body, as if it was natural.

For a few minutes Toshinori and Y/n sat there, and to them it seemed like forever, not in a bad way of course, in a comforting way. Y/n pulled back slightly, still looking down, muttering something so quiet Toshinori couldn't hear it.

"What was that?" He asked kindly, (Y/n) sniffed and continued to look down, "My family hates me-" Those four words shocked him even more than the insecurities of him leaving. Toshinori spoke up, "I'm sure... they don-"

Before he could continue (Y/n) huffed and replied, "Yes they do! And there's a reason why!" He started to feel his body tense up again, "They hate who I am, they hate that I am not what they want me to be!" He spoke from a place of frustration, there wasn't really malice towards them, but there was a slight loathing.

Toshinori continued, "C-can you tell me why?" (Y/n) wanted to tell him, wanted to scream those three words, but he couldn't, instead he shook his head, "N-not yet... I-I can't lose you too," Toshinori was confused, but accepted it.

(Y/n) elaborated, "M-my family" he spat, "They...when I woke up in the morning, everyday... when went into the kitchen to eat, I'd get things thrown at me, they'd yell at me saying, 'You're finally awake you Fa-'" He stopped, Toshinori's heart felt heavy, "They would shout at me saying "You're a fraud, you're a fake!' They would go on and on about my faults and talk about my insecurities and pick at them... there wasn't much violence, but... there was alot of mental um... abuse..."

Toshinori tightened his grip around him, his blood boiled, even though he didn't know exactly why, it made him seethe knowing that someone so sweet would be treated like utter trash.

"I'm so sorry, Y/n..." Toshinori's voice shook. Y/n looked up at him again with a questioning look on his face, "I'm so sorry you were hurt so horribly," Y/n's heart felt a bit better, 'Maybe... I can trust him...'

Slowly the beating of Toshinori's heart, and the warmth of them both, made them drift off into a gentle sleep, and this time there were no nightmares.