Comfort

After a few more hours in the nurse's office, Recovery Girl finally let them go. It was the end of the day, the sun started to set. Midoriya waved at All Might, and to Y/n, whom he had started to somewhat know. He felt quite proud that he could learn more about the quiet teacher.

"Bye Mr.Yagi!! Bye Mr. (L/n)!!" He shouted running off back to his apartment. The two teachers stood at the entrance waving at the excited boy, they both chuckled at the sight, and then it went quiet. Toshinori started to squirm a bit, 'Dammit... Say something!' He cleared his throat, "So," He paused looking everywhere, but at Y/n, "Today was a doozie..."

Y/n chuckled at the chosen vocabulary and nodded, "It definitely was," He looked up at him, and noticed the nervousness that radiated off of him, "Um... Yagi?" Toshinori tensed, "Y-Yeah?"

Y/n stood in front of him and rested his hand on his lanky arms, "Are you okay?" He asked, tilting his head. Toshinori did the usual tick, and looked around, "P-Perfectly fine!" He stuttered out.

"Yagi..." Y/n slightly scolded, Toshinori looked down at him, their eyes meeting, a swirl of questioning, a dash of anxiety, all bubbled into two people. The air was slightly tense, "If you need to talk with someone... just know I am here," He smiled. Toshinori scoffed, "Hey that's my line!"

They both shared a laugh. Toshinori spoke up once more, "Would you like me to walk you home?" Y/n smiled and nodded, "Absolutely!"

They were off to his house, which wasn't too far thankfully, along the way they both spoke trying to get to know each other. From talking about music they both liked, to the everyday work of a hero, and even talked about food they liked. It was as if they were the best of friends, chatting away after not seeing each other for years.

They shared a few good laughs, and just like that, it was over. Y/n looked up and saw his apartment, sighing he spoke solemnly, "Well... this is where I take my leave," Toshinori looked up at the building, feeling a bit sad too. He looked down at the slightly saddened teacher.

"Well, I guess.... I'll see ya later," He smiled lightly. Y/n didn't look up at him, rubbing his arm. Toshinori's smile disappeared, and he knelt to his friend's height, seeing as he was basically a giant, "Hey..." Y/n still didn't look at him. Toshinori took hold of his hand, a warm feeling came over them, knowing the feeling of comfort in that small move made Y/n look at him, feeling embarrassed that a few tears shed.

Toshinori wiped the tears away, "What's troubling you?" He asked. Y/n's heart rate beat a bit faster at the question, he wanted to answer, but he was a bit scared, "I-I um..." Toshinori continued to comfort him and support him, "It's okay, you can trust me," Those words struck Y/n's heart. He shuttered, "I...I'm scared!"

Toshinori felt a bit shocked, he was about to ask why, but Y/n kept talking, "I'm scared that this isn't real!! I'm scared that I'll wake up and you won't be here. I'm scared that you might leave me! I'm scared that one day... you'll hate me.... just like them."

That was alot for him to say, and Toshinori knew this, seeing the man that stood shakily before him, never really talked about his past or his feelings. Toshinori felt his heart slightly break at the smaller man's insecurities and how he thought he would hate him, how he would leave him, 'I couldn't do that even if I tried...'

Toshinori stood and wrapped his arms around Y/n, the younger man clinging to him like a scared child. Toshinori gently shushed him, telling him it would be alright, "Do you want to go inside?" Y/n had his ear to Toshinori's chest, and feeling and hearing the rumble in it calmed him slightly. He nodded slightly. Toshinori pulled back and walked him inside, Y/n guided him to the apartment. It took a few flights, but it wasn't too much. They finally reached his cozy home, unlocking it and entering. Toshinori looked around the nice little apartment, spotting a couch he took Y/n over and sat him down, "You stay right here, I'll get you a drink," Y/n shook his head, "No, no! I'm the host I-"

"You need to relax, today has been emotionally draining for you, and I need you to feel better," He spoke sternly. Y/n sighed and sat back on the couch, sinking into it. Toshinori went into the kitchen, found a cup, then filled it up with water. He walked back seeing Y/n cozy. He held out the cup of water to him.

"Here you go," Y/n looked and sat up, taking the water and replying with, "Thank you," before sipping on it. Toshinori smiled at him. Seeing a blanket out of the corner of his eye he went and grabbed it, wrapping it around Y/n's shoulders, then sat down in a chair diagonal from him. The world slowed down, just a bit, for a moment. They sat in silence, it wasn't uncomfortable this time, and that was perfectly fine for the both of them.