Privacy

Y/n walked home, the long day finally came to an end. He had to confront the kids, 'Why would they lie? It doesn't make sense.... they're good kids, they-' he shook his head, his mind going to a state of panic. He never had been one to trust people very much, especially after-

'STOP!' he growled to himself.

He walked up the steps of his apartment and took out his keys quite aggressively, finally unlocking it after a few choice words, and shutting the door rather loudly. He sighed and threw his jacket off, slipped off his shoes and fell face first onto the couch.

He tried to rationalize in his mind that he was just over thinking things, 'Maybe they were trying to help? They couldn't have done that for shits and giggles...' his eyes started to droop, the exhaustion of just today wore on him. He fell to sleep without a dream in sight.

The next morning the same routine went again, eat, get ready, leave. Y/n looked at his phone looking at the time "6:30, alright I should be there before 7:00 so I'm good..." he mumbled to himself as he walked to the school.

Along the way he tried to think of a lesson plan, but he couldn't help but think of yesterday's events. He rolled his eyes, 'Damn brain...' He looked up and saw the Yuuei sign, he perked up, "Man that was quicker than I thought...." he muttered.

He walked up the steps and went on his way to the teachers lounge, saying good morning to his friends, but not much after that. He didn't really feel up to speaking to anyone that morning. Soon the first bell rang and he was on his way to his choir room. Before he could go too far he heard a voice call out, "Hey L/n!" he stopped turning to see Aizawa

"Hey, what's up?" (Y/n) asked. Aizawa walked up to him coolly, and replied "Nedzu wanted me to tell you that today during the homeroom you'll be helping me out with 1-A."

(Y/n) smiled, "Alright! That sounds wonderful!" (Y/n) pointed at him with a scolding look resting on his face, "But Aizawa you better not lie again!"

Aizawa playfully scoffed at his sass, smirking lightly "Yeah, yeah see ya later (L/n)..."

(Y/n) waved, "See ya!" and went off to his class. Y/n brushed off the feeling of unease as he walked in there. He entered and heard the students murmuring to each other at their tables. He sighed, composing himself, "Alright class, team up, today we are working on each other's voices. You will be put with someone of an equal power or an opposite quirk if at all possible."

The kids dispersed, but before all of them did Y/n found Lez at her table and strode over, "Hey I need to borrow you Lez," Lez looked up at him and nodded. She got up from her seat waving at her friends as the two walked into his office. When they entered (Y/n) closed the door and stood behind his desk.

He waited silently for a moment then spoke, "So I had a chat with All Might yesterday," Lez froze up, "I asked him about the meeting that you told me about, and he said that he never mentioned one..." he looked up at her, disappointment stirring in his eyes "If you did.... lie" he choked, "just please tell me the truth."

Lez gulped, 'Dammit... I thought I was in the clear. I should've known this would happen...' Lez sighed and spoke up "It was my idea... I thought that you might have.... maybe had... a crush on him.."

(Y/n) felt surprised for a moment, 'What?' Lez continued, "We wanted to help you out! We never meant any harm, we just.... I want to see you happy."

Y/n sighed, he couldn't stay mad at her or Mina, whom he still had not spoken to about this matter, but he was sure All Might might talk to her about it.

"That's.... very kind of you kids, but I don't think of him like that, and he doesn't think of me like that. We're coworkers .... plus someone like that? I'd never have a chance," he mumbled the last two sentences thinking she wouldn't hear, but with her hearing, she could, "What does that mean?!" she hit the table leaning forward "You're the nicest guy out there, who couldn't like you?!"

Y/n looked at her, startled then relaxed a bit, "You don't understand..." he rubbed his temple, "A-anyways, I just wanted to know, thank you for being honest," Lez stayed for a second. She felt hurt at his words, not that he had hurt her feelings, but who knew he felt that way about himself. She turned and walked out feeling what Y/n had felt before. Disappointment.