Drink 1

Hello, and welcome to The Bartender! I started this story in September of 2013, 3 years after I stopped writing fan-fiction. So be aware that going into this story, I was still brand new once again.

You're in for a wonderful roller-coaster ride full of things you'd never expect this story to be.

Reminder, this ENTIRE book is not focused completely on bar tending. In fact, that is the origin of the story and it stays for awhile, but is not the main concept. So if you want a drink stirring Luke for every chapter, sorry to say this turns into a whole new idea of a story but I promise it is worth the read.

This story is dedicated to Genevieve, who wrote How To Have Sex With A Rock Star. She was my first friend on this site, and I love her dearly. She motivated me to start this story, and I will forever appreciate that start.

Also, I made the book title cover thingy myself. It took me about three minutes in Photoshop, so it is not the best but I liked the result. Anyways without further delay , the story.

-

-

-

October 9 2014. The day I had packed my bags and moved across the world, to the place I never thought I would even have the funds to visit. Good ol' Australia. The flight was long, and I almost threw my yogurt at the boy in front of me who wouldn't stop singing along to every song that came onto his phone. It's not that I was short tempered, I was far from that. I just got annoyed easily, which to my doubt, it happened a lot. Daily actually.

My 18th birthday was just last month, I had been saving up money to move out, working two jobs, living off ramen noodles, and staying up till the early mornings just to get an online college education. I guess that's how I got here, standing in the airport not knowing what to do next. Zoom out this frame to bird's eye view and imagine, there is this girl standing there, dressed like she just came straight out of Alaska in her coat and jeans, standing in the middle of an airport constantly turning from side to side, going in complete circles. Wouldn't that be a bit weird? That's exactly what everyone thought, as they all stared at me like I was some freak in a circus. Fast forward twenty minutes, I had flipped off two people, tripped one with my luggage, and had gotten yelled at three times. That was a new record even for me.

I finally decided to grab my luggage and just walk in the direction everyone else seemed to be going in, hoping I would find the exit and not kill someone in the process. Eventually I found my way outside of the airport, being hit with the heat. It took every ounce in my body not to rip off my clothing and jump into someone's car that was bound to have air conditioning. I stripped myself off my coat and opened one of my suitcases to shove it in, although I was still in long sleeves and jeans. Looking around, the atmosphere of this place was so different. The air was hot and sticky; the boys were hot and...Well some looked sticky. Would it be bad if I still found them attractive? I really needed to stop being boy crazy, but my god. Australians were even hotter than Americans. Might I add they were mostly all shirtless or in tank tops, showing off their muscles. It was bad for my health, I'm pretty sure my heart was racing faster than humanly possible. I walked down the street until I got to a car rental; I walked inside hoping they would have something available.

"Hello how may I help you?" A woman asked.

"Hi, I was wondering what your cheapest rental was?" I asked politely.

"I am assuming you're American? I can accept your normal money here. The cheapest car we have here is $560 per day." She spoke and I choked on my own spit. There was no way I was forking over that money.