68

Last chapter!! Thanks for reading!! I have a sequel up!❤️🦋

~Aaliyah's Pov~

I placed my head on his chest, hugging him in a way. He put a hand on my back, hugging mr with the strength he had in him. He hugged me too. "Don't forget this day okay? Just Don't remember this moment.. Remember all we did before this happened. Before you found out.." he said softly, I listened. " Remember the pictures, the time we spent with Judith okay?" he said softly. I took my head off his chest and looked at him.

I bit my lip and looked at him. Wiping my tears away. I nodded a bit. He nodded too. "I'm glad i got stuck with your group." i said smiling sadly at him. He smiled softly. "Me too.." He said and his smile faded and he licked his lips, Our eyes locked. "I'm going to tell you the same thing my mom told me. I remember the words." he said looking at me. He smiled a bit. "You're strong. You're incredibly brave. Do what you think is right." He said softly. I nodded a bit. "okay" i said softly as another tear fell. "okay." he nodded looking at me. "Get my dad. i want to see him again." he said looking at me. I nodded a bit. I stood up holding his hand and leaned down.

I kissed him and rested my forehead on his. Closing my eyes. "I love you okay?" he said. I pulled away. "I love you too." i said softly. I stood up and quickly went to go get Rick and Michonne. "Rick.." i said softly. His head shot to me. "He wants to talk to you." I said looking at them both. We headed back over to him.

They leaned down and got on their knees, Michonne and Rick held Carl's hands. Rick reached out and held my hand too, Michonne did the same. "Thanks for getting me here." He said looking at Rick. "I'm sorry, I didn't want you down there.." Rick said still in shock. "No- no. for getting me here. For making it- so i could be who i- who i wound to be." He said looking at Rick. He went on confessing how he actually did shoot that kid back at the prison, the one that was handing over his gun while running away.

"No- No. Carl what you lost. All those things you had to do. You were just a boy." Rick said putting a hand on his head. "And you saw it. What it did. How easy it got. That's why you changed. Why you brought those people from Woodbury in. You brought them in and we all lived together. We were enemies. You put away your gun. You did it. So i could change. So i could be who I am now. What you did then. How you stopped fighting. It was right. It still is. It can be like that again. You can still be like that again." Carl said. "i can't be who i was It's different now." Rick said.

"You cant kill all of them dad. There's gotta be a something after. For you. And for them. There's gotta be something after.. I know you can't see it yet. How it could be. But i have. You have a beard. it's bigger. And grayer. Michonne's happy. Judith's bigger. And she's listening to the songs that i used to before. You.." he said looking at me.  "Beautiful as ever. Even more if that's even possible." he said smiling as tears fell. I smiled at him and more tears fell. He looked back at Rick. "Alexandria's bigger. There's new houses. Crops. And people working. Everybody living. Helping everybody else live. If you can still be who you were. That's how it could be." Carl said looking at his dad.

"It could." he said. "Carl.. It was all for you. right from the start. Back in Atlanta. The farm. Everything i did it was for you. Then at the prison it was for you and Judith. It still is It's gonna be. and nothing is going to change." Rick said. "I want this for you dad..."Carl said. "I'm gonna make it real... Carl I'm sorry.. I'm sorry i couldn't protect you. A father's son is to protect his son." Rick said. "Love... It's just to love." Carl said. He reached for a gun. "No." i said. "No. No." Rick said. "Carl. It- it should be-" Michonne said but he cut her off. "I know. I know.. Somebody you love. When you can't do it yourself. But i still can... I grew up. I have to do this. Me." Carl said and shook his head. "I love you." Carl said to Michonne. "I love you too." She said crying. I was in tears once again.

My eyes burned. "I love you Dad." Carl said as his voice cracked. Looking at Rick. "I love you Carl. I love you son." Rick said sobbing and kissed his head. "I'll make it real." He said to Carl. They let go and he looked at me and smiled weakly. "I love you, Aaliyah." he said as more tears fell. "I love you too Carl." I said sadly as my voice cracked. "I love you. Don't ever forget that. I'm so sorry." he said. I leaned down kissed his cheek, he did the same to me. Rick and Michonne walked out. I looked at him. "I didn't want it to be like this but it happened." He said nodding. "i know.." i said softly and leaned back down to kiss him one last time. He kissed back and we pulled away. He took his knife and his holster off his belt and handed it to me.

"Keep it for me." he said. I nodded a bit and held it. . "Go outside.." he said sadly. Looked at him sadly. "go, It's okay" he said smiling softly. I shook my head as more tears fell. He nodded. "It's okay." he said softly as another tear fell. I slowly stood up and let go of his hand. I walked outside meeting up with Michonne and Rick. Rick came to me and pulled me in for a hug. It was morning now.. He held me close to him and about a minute or two later there was a silenced gunshot. My heart broke And i hugged Rick tighter. He did the same. A sob to escape my mouth. Carl was gone.. I fell slightly and Rick pulled me, Holding me close to him. I stood up straight and we held each other.

Carl was gone.

A/N: Thank you for reading!! I love you guys! IF you guys are new here, i have a sequel up. And it continues Aaliyah's story, Carl's just not there.