21

Hey, You're looking real cute today 🥰💗

~Aaliyah's Pov~

It was the next day, Carl and I ended up going to the room upstairs and just reading. "i'm gonna go see if my dad's up, you want more?" He asked. I shook my head. "No i'm good, thanks" I said softly not taking my eyes off the book. He smiled. "okay." He said and looked at me. He grabbed the bowls and headed downstairs.

I stayed up here for a few minuted and i heard screams from downstairs. "Wake up!" I heard. I dropped the book and ran down stairs. I saw Carl looking at his dad. "Hey-" i said coming down to him. "He's not waking up." he said looking at me. There were thuds and snarls at the door.

We both looked up. Carl got up and went through the back door. I got on my knees and put my head against Rick's chest and listened for a heart beat. And there was. He was alive, just resting. He really needed it, he didn't wake up when Carl was screaming at him. I took my head off his chest and looked at him.

"It's- It's just two.." He said looking at me. I looked back at him. "I can take care of them." He said. I nodded. "okay.. be careful." I said looking at him. "Keep an eye on him" he said. I nodded. "I will," i said. He nodded and took off. I stayed here looking around the house some more. And after a while i started getting worried.

I heard the gunshots but then there was nothing. he didn't come back to the house. I grabbed my gun and my knife and i headed out through the back door. But I saw Carl. I gasped a bit and backed away. "Sorry-" he said. "You scared me. You didn't come back.." I said. "I'm okay. I looked around. I came back for you and a bag. Let's go see if we can find anything else." He said.

I nodded and we stepped inside, grabbed some bags and headed back outside. We walked. "You got scared i didn't come back?" He asked as we walked. "of course." I said looking at him. He smiled a bit and looked ahead. "Would you be if i left?" I asked. "Yeah." He said. "There you go," I said. We kept walking for a while.

"You take that one i take this one?" He asked. I nodded. "okay," I said. "Let's see who wins." I said. He smiled and he went to a house. I went to the house across the street. There was a walker in a room but the door was closed, I didn't bother opening it, But i looked around and found some canned food so i took it. I walked back out side to see Carl on the roof with a huge can of something. I didn't know what it was, i couldn't tell from over here. I smiled and walked across the street and looked around just in case of walkers.

"Um," I said walking up to to the house. "What the hell is that?" I asked looking up at Carl. "Pudding." He said eating another spoonful. "Ew." I said. He looked at me. "Are you kidding me.?" He asked. "It's way to sweet." I said looking at him. "We can't be friends." he said eating another spoonful. "wow, just like that?" i asked. "Mhm." he said swallowing the pudding.

"I'm not kidding, it's too sweet." I said looking at him. He shook his head. "Wow." He said. "What happened to your shoe..?" I asked looking at him. "Walker." He said.

~~

We were back at the house. It was dark and both of us fell asleep sitting down against the couch, My head was on his shoulder but I woke up to him shaking me. I opened my eyes. "move- move." He said. We backed away and i saw Carl reach for Rick's gun. I heard Rick's breathing and his hand moved, reaching out for us and he fell. I reached for my gun too and Carl started crying pointing the gun at him as he got closer.

He dropped the gun. "I can't. I was wrong. Just do it." he said dropping the gun. I couldn't do it either but i was pointing my gun at him. "Carl." Rick said. I put my gun down relieved. "Don't go outside.. Stay safe." Rick said catching his breath. He collapsed again and Carl got on his knees and went to him. He put Rick's head on his lap and cried, resting his fore head on his repeating "I'm scared".

I held his hand and he held it back. He pulled away and hugged me. I hugged him back.

~The next day~

Rick was finally up and we were telling him how we went out to see of there was more stuff in houses we could use. "You shouldn't have ricked it, going out there like that. It's dangerous." Rick said looking at us. "We were careful." Carl said. "It's good that you two found more food." Rick said.

"I found even more. But i ate it.." Carl said. "What was it?" Rick asked. "Yeah Carl, What was it?" i asked looking at Carl. He smiled and released a breath. "112 ounces of pudding." He said and smiled. Rick chuckled. "I know we'll never get things back to the way they used to be." Rick said.

"What?" Carl asked. "I only clung to that for you.. for Judith. And now she's gone.." Rick said. I looked at them both. "And you, you're a man Carl. And you're a woman." He said looking at me. "And i'm sorry." He said looking at us. "You don't need to be." Carl said. Rick looked away and drank more water.

"i'm sorry about Daryl.." Rick said looking at me. I nodded a bit looking down. "He's okay.." i said nodding. They looked at me. "He's okay. That's all that matters." I said nodding. There was a knock on the door and we all got up, grabbing our guns. Rick looked and he laughed sitting back down on the couch. "It's for you." He said looking at us.