34

~Aaliyah's Pov~

They took Rick down to a room and kept him there. I walked over to Jesse's house and saw that the glass was broken and her door was open. I walked in and closed it. "What are you doing here?" I looked over to see Ron. "Um- i wanted to check on your mom." i said looking at him. "She's upstairs but she wont open the door." he said.

I nodded a bit. "What about your brother?" I asked. "Also in his room." He said. I nodded a bit and picked up things, "What- are you doing?" he asked. "Cleaning up, what does it look like?" I asked looking up at him. "Why.?" He asked. "So she wont have much to worry about when she decides to come down." I said. I pushed all the glass with my shoe to one pile. "you don't have to do that. I can clean it up." he said. "I know. But will you though? Your mother's been through enough." I said

He helped me clean up. "okay.. um- i hope your mother feels better in the morning." I said giving him a small nod. "Yeah, thanks." I said looking at him. I left.

~Few days later~

The rest were back. But they went off to take care of a walker problem. I was gonna head out, but i heard screams coming front outside. I had my gun on me, i never returned it. I didn't want to, they knew i had it. I killed 2 people trying to come after me, but one of them did get to me and i was hurt. They stabbed me. I fell back and i shot them. They screamed out. "Bitch!" He screamed putting a hand on his chest. I pulled the trigger again and shot him in the head.

I fell back and looked down in pain. "Oh shit." I said catching my breath. "Aaliyah!- Oh shit." I looked up to see Rosita and Aaron. "Hey- Hey." Aaron said as they bent down. "Don't let me turn. Don't- Don't let me turn." I said as Rosita put pressure on my stomach. I cried out putting my hand on top of hers. "You're okay. You're okay. That wont happen." She said.

She looked around. "Go get someone!" She yelled at Aaron. He ran. "M-my brother. My brother." I said catching my breath. My hear was racing, I cried looking at her. "He's not back yet- you'll see him. I promise." She said nodding. "Hold- Put your hand here. Push tight." She said letting me go.

She unbuttoned her flannel as i pushed down on myself. "There's a lot of blood..." I said looking down in shock. "you're okay." She said and lifted me a bit, putting her shirt around my back and tying the sleeves together. I cried out again. I heard footsteps. "no." I heard Maggie. She fell to her knees and i looked at her as tears fell. "Maggie- Maggie." i said reaching out to her. I nodded.

"Don't- what ever happens do not let me turn. Don't let me turn." i said looking at her. "I'll go get Spencer." Rosita said running. "You're not going to." She said in tears. I looked down scared. The pain was getting worse by the second. "Spencer!" I heard Rosita. My eyes felt heavy and i rested my head on the grass catching my breath. I shut my eyes tight but then relaxed. "Open your eyes!- Don't close them. don't close them." She said looking at me.

I opened them but my vision was going blurry, It felt so good to have them closed. "it- feels good.. To close them.." I said getting even more tied. "You can't close them. You cant." She said looking at me. I looked at her and caught my breath. "My brother." I said. "He'c coming back." She said nodding. "I got her. I got her." I heard a voice. It was Spencer. He picked me up and they took me to Denise.

~Maggie's Pov~

Rick was back, but he was the only one back so far. There were walkers right outside the gates. I was still with Aaliyah, Denise got her stable. Rick walked in with Carl and he quickly came to her, putting his hand on her arm. "How's she doing?" Rick asked looking at me. "She lost some blood, Denise got her stable. She should be okay." I said looking at Rick.

"When is she waking up?" Carl asked looking at me. "I'm not sure.." I said looking at him. He nodded a bit and looked back at her. Rick walked over to her too. "She'll be okay. She's strong." Rick said putting a hand on her head. "Did she say she'd wake up.?" Rick asked looking at me. I nodded. "She should.. She said she should wake up." I said looking at her. He nodded looking at me. "Alright." He said looking at me.

I nodded looking at her. Carl kept looking at her too. "She'll be fine." Rick said looking at Carl. He nodded a bit looking at him. He placed a kiss on her head and walked out. Denise came back inside. "oh-" She said looking at us. "When is she waking up?" Carl asked looking at her. "I'm not sure, I did the best i could." She said. "but she will wake up right?" Rick asked. She nodded a bit. "Yes." She said.

"She's gonna be worried when she wakes up." Carl said. I nodded a bit. "Should we tell them they're not back yet..?" I asked. "They may be back when she wakes up." Rick said looking at us. "What if they're not?" Carl asked. "We're gonna have to tell her." He said.

"Can you call me over when she wakes up?" He asked looking at me. I nodded. "Yes," I said softly. He nodded. "Cmon." Rick said walking. Carl put a hand on her hand and walked out. I sat back down next to her, waiting for her to wake up.