20

~Aaliyah's Pov~

We were still walking. Carl left Rick so i was now supporting him as we walked. Carl was angry and he was a few feet away from us. Walking quickly. "Carl. Slow down." Rick said. But he ignored. "Carl stop!" Rick yelled and he finally stopped. "We got to find a place with food, supplies." Rick said as we caught up to him. 

We caught up to him but he kept walking. I kept on supporting Rick. "Did you see my brother get out..?" I asked as we walked again. "No." he said catching his breath. "Rick do you want to stop for a while?" i asked holding on to him. "no." he said as we kept walking. "No we have to keep going." He said. I nodded. "Okay," I said softly. 

"Are you alright?" he asked. I nodded. "Yeah," I said as we walked. After a while of us walking, we reached a place there were a lot of motorcycles, "Go." Rick said letting go of me. I pulled out my pistol and Rick leaned against the wall as Carl and I stood next to each other. 

He opened the screen door. "Wait outside okay? Keep watch." Rick said. "You keep watch. You can barely stand. I'm not gonna let you go in there alone." Carl said. "Excuse me.?" Rick asked. "We've done this before. I'm gonna help you clear it." Carl said mad. "You should just let us help you.." I said looking at Rick. He looked at me then put his hand on the door knob. 

"Let's go." he said and opened it. We walked in, our guns up. This was a bar, We checked out the place. "Kitchen's clear." Rick said. We kept moving and walked further, There was only one walker. "That might be all that's left." Rick said pointing at the sauces on the counter tops. "We can still look," I said looking around. 

"I can get it from here," Carl said pointing his gun at the walker. "No, it's weak. I'll draw it out." Rick said and pulled the furniture, the walker came out, Rick tried getting it with a knife but it didn't go fully though. "Damn it!" he yelled. I pulled out my knife and stabbed it in the head and the walker fell. "See what you can find then let's move on." Rick said pulling the ax out of the walkers head. 

He headed to the kitchen, Carl and i stayed here and started looking for things. "Stop being so harsh on your dad.." I said putting things down on the table. He didn't say anything. "I get it, you're mad and you have every right to be but he needs us and we need him. Cut him some slack.." I said looking at him. 

He looked at me for a second then looked away. Once we cleared out this place we headed back to the table. "Kitchen wasn't empty after all." Rick said walking to us. "My haul, yours?" he asked. We placed the things that we found on the table. "We win." He said looking at Rick. I smiled a bit and he looked at us. I gave Rick a soft smile and nodded. 

We were once again walking, I had the bag in my hand, i was still supporting Rick as we walked and Carl was still a little mad, he walked faster than us and he kept a few feet away. We came across a neighborhood and we stopped at the house. We walked in and started checking the place. We were checking the first floor, it was a mess and clearly someones already been here. 

Once we walked further i realized the doors were all open, if there were any walkers they would have come out already. "hey!" Rick said. We looked back at him. "We got it. All the doors down here are open." Carl said with attitude. He kept moving. "Just stop!" Rick said. Carl turned around and hit the wall with a fist. "Hey asshole!" He yelled and pounded the wall again. "Hey shitface!" He yelled and pounded the wall again. 

"Watch your mouth!" Rick yelled back. I looked around feeling awkward that they were yelling at each other. "Are you kidding me? If there was one of them down there they would have come out." Carl said and walked upstairs. I walked around still checking the room down here, just in case there was anything down here, there was nothing and i walked upstairs. "Check it out." I looked over to see Carl and he walked back in a room. 

I walked in to see a boy's room. "whoa.." i said smiling a bit as i looked around. There were posters, video games, instruments. "Cool.." I said softly. He smiled a bit and pushed some video games aside and i looked over quickly. "Carl-" I said looking at him. "Sorry," he said and grabbed the cable. "Why do you need that?" i asked. "tying the door shut" He said. I nodded a bit. 

~~

It was dark out now and we were downstairs again, Carl was tying the door shut and Rick was pushing the couch. "I tied the door shut." Carl said. I headed over to them. "We don't need to take any chances." He said. "You don't think it'll hold?" Carl asked. "Carl." Rick said not having it anymore. "It's a strong knot. Shane taught me." He said. I raised an eyebrow. Okay, this was not my place to be. 

Low blow Carl Grimes. 

I walked to the next room. "Remember him? Carl asked. "Yeah i remember him. I remember him everyday. Got something else you wanna say to me?" Rick asked. Carl didn't answer but i heard the couch move. "This'll have to do for the night." Rick said. I walked back in and i saw Carl putting a cushion on the floor. 

Rick walked upstairs. Carl was about to get another cushion from the couch. "Don't," I said looking at him. He looked at me. "You need one," he said. "It's okay, we can share that one," I said. He looked at me confused. "Share how?" He asked. "Lay down." i said. He looked at me and took off his hat then laid down. I laid down too but on the other side, we were using it as a pillow. "Problem solved." I said. 

"Hm." he said. "what?" i asked. "nothing," he said. "Your dad needs that extra cushion more than i do." I said. 

A/N: This is how they were laying down, i didn't know how to explain it haha