53

✨💛Smile, Smile, Smile💛✨

~Aaliyah's Pov~

It was dark out now. Carl and I were in his room and we were laying on the blankets since we didn't have mattresses. I stood up and Carl looked at me. I went through the closet and pulled out the watch i put in one of the jackets i had. Carl sat up and i closed the closer door.

He looked at me and i looked down at the watch then walked over to Carl, getting under the covers and holding out Glenn's pocket watch. He took it. "Maggie gave it to me." I said softly. He nodded looking at it. He looked at me and put his hand on my arm and leaned in to kiss me.

I kissed back and we pulled away and i looked at him. "Is she okay?" He asked. I nodded looking at him. "She's okay, The baby's okay." I said softly. He nodded handing me back the watch. "Are you.?" he asked. I nodded. "yeah," i said softly. He nodded. "We'll get your brother back." He said looking at me. I nodded putting the watch down on the night stand. "I know," I said looking back at him. He nodded.

We laid down and went to sleep.

~The next day~

We were getting ready to go to the Hilltop. I already told Rick that i came to see her, he was a little mad that i left. But we walked inside and Rick hugged Maggie. I saw two figures move and i looked over to see Daryl and Jesus. My heart stopped and i looked at him with tears in my eyes. I backed away a bit catching my breath but then i snapped out of it and i ran to him. He hugged me and moved a few feet back holding me.

"Daryl." i said crying against his shoulder. The tears just fell. My heart was racing. He held me back and also cried on my shoulder, catching his breath, holding me close. He lifted me up slightly, my toes barely touching the floor. He set me down. "Hey," he said pulling away. He looked over and i saw Rick come up to him. They hugged and he gave Rick his gun back.

He hugged Michonne then he came back to me and we hugged again. I closed my eyes and buried my face in his shoulder. "are you okay?" i asked as my voice cracked. He nodded kissing my head. "yeah." he said and cleared his throat. Rick and the rest walked back inside and they left us alone. We pulled away and i looked at him, moving hair out of his face to see cuts and bruises. He wiped my tears and i did the same to him.

He was beat up.. I frowned looking at him. "what happened?" i asked as another tear fell. He shook his head and kissed my cheek, pulling me in for another hug. "I'm alright." he said rubbing my shoulder. "I was scared-" i said softly against his shoulder as another tear fell. "I'm here." he said kissing my head. We pulled away again and i looked at him.

He nodded looking at me and letting out a breath. "You alright.?" he asked. I nodded swallowing the lump in my throat as my heart raced. He nodded looking me in the eyes. "Don't lie." He said looking at me. "I'm not, i'm just really glad you're okay." I said looking at him. He nodded looking at me. I rested my head on his shoulder and he pulled me in again.

"Alright," He said softly and rubbed my back. "Cmon." he said patting my back. We walked back inside with the rest of the group.

~~~

We ended up talking to Gregory about fighting. Gregory wasn't cooperating with us. He didn't want the people to fight. He said that they didn't want to fight but it was a lie, they wanted to fight and help. We were about to leave, heading over to the gates. "It's a start, We'll get more." Michonne said. "It still won't be enough." Sasha said. "No, it wont." Rosita said as we walked.

"Well, we find the right stuff. Maybe we don't need the numbers." Daryl said. Carl held my hand i looked at him and gave him a small smile, he returned it. "Blow 'em up, burn 'em to the ground." Daryl said. "You said there weren't just soldiers with the Saviors. That there were workers there. People didn't have a choice." Tara said. "We gotta win." Daryl said looking at us.

"We need more hands, another group. Megan has outposts. The geography, the distance works against us. We gotta get back. If they come looking for Daryl we need to be there." Rick said as we reached the fence. "You don't have to get back. Not yet." Jesus said, he pulled out a walkie-talkie. "it's one of theirs, long rage." He said holding it up, looking at all of us. "We can listen in, keep track of them." he said.

"So, if we're not going back, what are we doing then?" Michonne asked looking at Jesus. "I think it's time we introduced you to Ezekiel. King Ezekiel." Jesus said. "King?" Rick asked looking at him.

~~

We finally started heading over and i pulled Daryl aside. He stopped and we fell back. "Is he still there..?" i asked looking at him. "Who?" He asked as we walked again, like i said we were falling a bit behind so we could talk. "Michael." I said looking at him. He nodded. "Yeah." He said. I looked at him and he finally turned to me. "He get's caught in the crossfire, i don't give a shit." he said shaking his head as we walked.

I nodded a bit as i looked away too. "Would you?" he asked looking at me. I shook my head, not hesitating for a second. "no.." I said softly. He nodded a bit. "Why're you saying no like that." He said. I shrugged shaking my head. "I just can't believe he's still alive you know..?" I asked softly. He nodded looking at me. "Yeah." He mumbled.