14

~Aaliyah's Pov~

I was laying down in a cell upstairs. I calmed down a bit, but now all that was on my mind was;

 1) Daryl left me.

 2) Merle was alive. 

I haven't came down at all. I sat up and sat on the edge of the bed with my head in my hands, my elbows resting on my knees. Merle was alive. And Daryl left. I heard footsteps come up and they stopped at my cell. "I tried to get him to stay." It was Rick. I sat up straight and looked at him. "I'm sorry." he said looking at me. I nodded a bit not looking at him. He put his hand on my shoulder and stood up. 

"You'll be alright. You have us." He said looking at me and moving his thumb against my shoulder. I looked up at him and nodded with tears in my eyes. "thank you," I said softly. He nodded and rubbed my shoulder. "You need anything..?" He asked. I shook my head looking back down. He nodded. "Alright," he said softly and walked away. 

~The next day~

I woke up to a feeling of a hand on my shoulder. I opened my eyes and moved my head down then opened my eyes. They sat down next to me. "Hey," I looked up a bit and saw it was Maggie. "Maggie," i said sitting up and hugging her. She hugged back. "Are you okay?" I asked looking at her  as we pulled away. 

She nodded. "Yeah," she said. "Glenn?" i asked as we pulled away. She nodded. "He's a little beaten up but he's fine." She said looking at me. I nodded a bit sitting up straight and backing up a bit. "How about you?" he asked. "confused.." I said softly. She nodded. "We all tried, He said you'd be safer here with us than with them.." She said. I pulled my knees up to my chest and hugged myself, Resting my chin on my knees. 

"Maybe i am safer here.." i said softly. I hated being out there alone. It was scary and we were always running low on supplies. I hated the feeling. "you'll be okay here with us." she said putting a hand on my arm. I nodded looking at her. She nodded too, giving me a soft smile. "Cmon, Start the day." She said looking at me. I nodded and she walked out and i got dressed and headed downstairs to the rest. I passed by Glenn's cell and saw him sitting. 

I walked back and stopped in front of him. He sat up and stopped walking once he saw me. He had a black eye, a busted lip and a bruise on his jaw. I looked at him and furrowed my eyebrows confused. "I'm alright, He said looking at me. I went over and hugged him. He hugged back

~Later on that same day~

Glenn and Carl went down and the tombs were once again swarmed with walkers. We were outside and a gunshot went off. We looked over to see a man holding up a gun. More gunshots went off.  Carl, Beth and i hid behind a wall.There was multiple gunfire coming from different Directions. 

"Beth!" We looked over to see Maggie running with guns. Carol came to us and now she had a gun too. We heard an engine. We looked over and saw an orange and white van stop in the fields. It stood there for a few seconds and a ramp dropped, walkers started coming out of the van and flooding the fields. 

A person stepped out of the car and ran. We took care of the guy on the watch tower that was shooting at us. They finally left and now it was just the walkers that were after us. We saw Glenn pull up and we all went to the fields. Taking down the walkers since Hershel was there. We saw Hershel, Glenn and Michonne get in the car. I closed the gate and they stepped out. 

"You okay?" Maggie asked Hershel. "yeah." He said. We stayed outside and looked at the field. The gunfire attracted more walkers and the started flooding in. We were trapped in a way. 

I saw Rick, Daryl and Merle come up to us. Daryl came to me. "no." I said shaking my head and backing away from him. The rest went inside knowing we had things to work out. They left us alone. "Aaliyah." Daryl said mad. He groaned looking at me. "You left me!" I said angry as a tear fell. I backed away from him. "You promised you'd never to that to me!" I said looking at him. "Stop!" he said looking at me and putting his crossbow on the bleachers. 

"You promised and that's exactly what you did." I said looking at him as another tear fell. "I had to!" he said looking at me. I shook my head. "No you didn't." I said looking at him. "They wouldn't let him come with us." He said. I shook my head looking at him. "What? Big brother get's no Hello?" Merle said holding his arms out. 

I saw that he had something else where his hand use to be. I don't know what it was but i looked at it. "You like it?" He asked looking at me. But i kept looking at the metallic thing he now had for a hand. I swallowed the lump in my throat. Daryl put a hand on my shoulder. "Don't." i said looking at him with tears in my eyes. "You broke your promise." I said and walked. 

Merle, Daryl and I were big on promises. We never broke them. Ever. Even before all of this happened, Just because of our situation with our father. I wiped my tears away and Daryl grabbed his crossbow and ran in front of me, "Stop- stop." he said blocking me. I backed away from him a few steps and looked at him sadly. 

Don't get me wrong, I'm so glad that they were both okay. I was really glad but he left me. Before this we promised that we wouldn't ever leave each other. We promised each other. "I'm sorry alright? I'm back. I messed up alright? I won't leave again. I promise. I promise." He said looking at me. I kept looking at him. 

He looked at me too. "You can't leave me. I need you." I said looking at him. "Alright." He said looking at me. "I won't." He said shaking his head. He pulled me in for a hug and i hugged back. "You can't leave me." i said again as my heart raced. "I won't. I'm sorry." He said holding me. We pulled away and I hugged Merle. He hugged back. 

"Miss me little sister?" he asked holding me. I nodded.