THE WINTER [CHAP.40]

We basically did nothing until 2 in the afternoon or should I say until his mum swung open the door and let out a loud scream.

"What mum?" He said in annoyance

"I thought you guys weren't home and gone missing or something."

"We are here since we woke up and haven't even put our feet on the floor." He said rolling his eyes and snuggling closer to me.

"What are you guys doing?"

"Just watching a random show, you wanna join, Mum?" I asked pushing Luke away a little.

"Oh no, I'm fine. But now that I know you're here, can you please teach me how to cook some more traditional food?"

"Sure, I'd really love to do that," I said shoving Luke off of me and get up. I followed her downstairs and I start to pull out some ingredients.

"What are we gonna cook dear?"

"You probably know this. Do you remember 'Rendang' ?"

"Yes, yes I am. Your aunt cooked it for me twice."

"We'll just make that I guess, have you ever try to cook it by yourself after she cooked it for you?"

"No, not yet. I have no time for experimenting with things." I just nodded my head and begin to teach her and explain every single thing that we need for these dishes.

"Ok now let's just wait for an hour and a half. Then we're done." I said once everything is done and we just have to wait for the meat to be ready.

"Are you tired?" She asked and I obviously shook my head.

"Can we make something else? Like maybe the appetizer or the desert?"

"Sure, what do you have in mind, lovely lady?" I asked playfully.

"I bought some ice cream this morning with Jordan, we can make something that including that."

"How does ice cream wrapped in bread and chocolate syrup sounds?" I asked pulling out the ice cream from the freezer.

"That sounds lovely and I think, taste as lovely as that sounds too." She said. We worked on the desert and put them in the freezer again so they won't melt.

I took out some potato and smashed them. She looks at me confusedly and stands behind me.

"Oh, I was just trying to make some mashed potato with egg, I won't eat the rendang by the way."

"Why?"

"I don't like the taste."

"Then why are we making them if you won't eat it dear?"

"You and the others love them, so it's fine with me. We can eat the same dessert at the end." I said and she just hugged me and rubbed my back.

She left the kitchen just like that and I finish my meal. I put them in the microwave [re: Mike-ro-wave] and left the kitchen to go back to my bedroom.

I open the door revealing a shirtless Luke wrapped in nothing but a towel that hung so goddamn low on his hips.

"Hey there!" he said oh-so-casually. I rolled my eyes at him and his teasing tone before sitting down on the bed.

"Put a fucking shirt on please, or at least a pants," I said grabbing the cover and covering myself.

"Aren't you enjoying the view?"

"Shut up Luke. Just do it please." I said hiding my red cheeks under the cover. He slips in right beside me and snuggled closer to me.

"Hi again!"