THE PROMISE [chap.8]

Nothing changed much, just we became crazier day by day, busy with each other school's works but still manage to Skype with each other. And he even taught me about things that I don't even understand. And here I am, got 100 because he helps me do my homework.

Two years passed with ease, and we have nothing bad came on our way. We did fight and argue, but we could make it in the end, so everything's fine.

Long Distance Relationship isn't as bad and scary as I thought, and I thank god for that. Tomorrow is already 2018, and that means today is his birthday.

(I know Luke born on 16th of July, not 31st December, but whatever. Oops!)

I already decided what kind of thing I should give to him and it's already on its way since a week ago, and it should have arrived there this morning. Morning as in London time, not Indonesia time of course.

I can't wait to Skype him, but I also am nervous because I don't know if he'd like the present or no. It's just a simple and cheap thing, and I'm sure as hell he can get himself tons of those things.

I open my laptop and turn on my Skype. It was still 1 PM there, so I still have 2hrs before the Skype time.

I decided to play some game first before we Skype, and who knows what will happen if it turns out I forget to Skype him and I can see his shirtless body again, lol. And yes, that was our deal. He'll tease me nonstop if I forget to Skype him, and I'll make him cringed every time he forgot to Skype me. I have my own way to do so.

I played with my club and I swear, I almost forget to Skype him. As much as I wanna see his shirtless body, it's his birthday, and it'd be very nice of me if I Skype him first.

I tapped his profile and dialed him. Ailouzha answered it and she just waved at me before leaving the room. What the hell?

5minutes later, the bathroom door swung open and his shirtless body came to the screen, he didn't even notice that his laptop is on. He ruffled his hair with a towel and look around his room before his eyes landed on the screen. His eyes grew wide before his cheeky grin replaced it.

"Enjoying the view?"

"Fuck off, Lu. Just put your shirt on." I said and he just gave me the wink and swings his bum more than necessary as he walked toward his walk-in-closet.

"I told you to put a shirt on, duh. Not just a sweatpants."

"I know you like the view in front of you, so stop complaining."

"Bitch!"

"I'm Luke duh, not bitch!"

"If you're not the birthday boy, I swear I'll hang up right now."

"Ah yea, I'm the birthday boy today." He said smiling sweetly.

"Wait, WHAT? I'M THE BIRTHDAY BOY?" He asked and I just nodded my head. Confusion clears on my face.

"AI!! IS IT MY BIRTHDAY TODAY??" He shouted hoping his sister would answer him.

"YES, YOU'RE 15 NOW!" She shouted back.

"Fucking hell, I can't believe it's already 31st of December. Have you received your present?"

"What present? It's your birthday, not mine."

"I kinda sent you something for Christmas, and I thought it'd be there a few days ago, or at least today."

"Fucking hell, I'm not even sending you anything."

"What about this cute little thing then?" He said opening his drawer and pulling out the teddy bear and sketchbook I sent him.

"It's for your birthday, duh. Not for x-mas."

"Haven't you read my letter?" I asked him.

"Yes, I have. Why?"

"Aren't I said happy birthday in it?"

"No? Or I don't know? I forget. The postman came this morning and gave me this purplish pinkie box and I saw your name so I opened it straight after I closed the door, then I forget where I put the note."

"You stupid lil bitch!"

"I'm sorry, duh. It's not my fault that I got too excited over the present my boyfriend gave to me." He said and I just rolled my eyes.

"What should we name it?"

"It's up to you, he's yours now," I said calmly picking on my nails.

"Fletcher then."

"The fuck? Why my middle name?"

"He's fluffy and cute, just like you."

"Stop with that sweet words, Lucas!"

"That's the truth duh. Why would I lie to you if I can tell you the truth?"

"Dunno, just never mind change the topic."

"It's December and I can't wait for 2018."

"3hrs from now and I'll start my hopefully new life in the new year,"

"Make a fresh start, and pray for the best. I'm sure everything will be fine."

"If it's not fine, I don't mind if it's just okay."

"Yeah sure," He said, chewing on his bottom lips as he tried to find a new topic to talk about. He looks so innocent like this, eyes held confusion but still manage to looks cute.

"Your aunt will go back to Indonesia on February right?"

"Yeah, like 11th or 18th, I don't know, I forget."

"Cool, can't wait."

"What? Why?"

"I just can't wait, is that weird?"

"No?" I said more like a question. He chuckled at this and shook his head.

"What will you do for your birthday?"

"Just the same routine I guess. Dinner, receiving the presents, makes a wish together and watches the fireworks." He said playing with the teddy paws.

"Sounds okay for the last night of the year,"

"The world will celebrate my birthday with me. How famous I am." He said with that stupid grin.

"Meehh, it's not like you're the only one who was born at the end or earlier of the year."

"Whatever, at least people all around the world celebrating it with me, not like your birthday."

"Don't talk to me, you arrogance bitch."

"We both know that you love to talk with me."

"Shut up already," I said ducking my head hiding my red cheeks.

"Ssup with your grandpa?"

"He's all fine, getting older and older but still act like he's in his early 20 or something." He said scolding at the end.

"He's your grandpa, feel lucky to still have one. I don't have any now."

"Yeah sorry about that," He said and I just gave him a reassuring smile.

We talked for the next 4 hours and let's just say I start this year with a really good start.