Since Feelings Come First (Niji x Reader) AU

She had rejected him. it came to the surprise of many; who would reject one of the handsome Vinsmoke sons? Wealthy and strong. Anything in the world she wants could be given, no matter the price. So why had she rejected him?

         The thought had kept him up late into the night. Seeing the girl with her (H\L) (H\C) hair flowing in the breeze, her innocent (E\C) hues looking up at him when he closed his eyes... And then hearing her say "no thank you". As simple as that. Niji huffs and sits up before stepping close to the mirror. Is she playing hard to get? Is this supposed to be a game? Does she want him to give her presents to try and woo her? Or does she want one of his brothers. He growls at the thought and looks around his room. He can win this game of hers... He just needs to think.

---

         "Oh, good morning." She smiles as she greets him, but that smile quickly disappears in place of a shocked look when he forces a black box in her hands. "What... Is this..?"

         "Jewelry."

         "Why?"

         "So you'll say yes to me." The woman blinks and frowns before handing it back.

         "No thank you." What?

         "Okay, then what do you want? Tell me and I'll buy it!" She stops and sends him a look that leaves a weird feeling in his chest.

         "I don't think you could give me what I want." And as she leaves to continue down the street, the blue haired man groans and shoves the necklace in his pocket. If that's not what she wants, then what is?

---

         "Flowers."

         "No thank you."

         "Chocolates."

         "No thank you."

         "You need a new car?"

         "No thank you."

         "God damn it, tell me what you want so I can buy it!" he snaps, slamming his fist on the table in the (thankfully) empty cafe. The woman glances at him from over her book before sighing.

         "First, answer a question for me."

         "Why?" When she reaches for her book, he groans and waves his hand. "Ask away."

         "Why are you pursuing me?"

         "Because you're hot?" She clicks her tongue and shakes her head before setting money on the counter. "What? I answered your question, didn't I?"

         "You did."

         "So what do you want?"

         "Several things."

         "Name them."

         "I want you to stop seeing me as an item to win," she admits softly. "To have a real reason to want my heart... And I want your feelings rather than your money.

         "What? What the hell kind of list is this? Feelings?"

         "Well," she begins. "Since feelings come first, it's only reasonable." She takes her book and she leaves, allowing the blue hared man to think over her words.