Submitted by @StormFireGirl

I was raised in a sheltered, Christian home, isolated from most of the 'modern' world. I was homeschooled from age six (and this year will be a decade since I started homeschooling) and I had little contact with anything outside of church, church family programs, and Christian camp. My parents hated how the world was rejecting God and so therefore me and my youngest sister were protected from the 'sins' of earth.

At age nine we moved into the small town we lived close by to. I had no idea how the world operated, but suddenly I was thrust from my sheltered life into a very exposed and close-up look at how the world REALLY operated. I was still homeschooled, but that didn't stop me from attending dance classes for a year, and meeting Jane.

Jane was much older than me, a year and a half and three times my size. I was chubby and insecure, but here was this proud, mighty, world-wise girl who seemed to know everything. I was so happy when we became friends, and the best part: we did whatever we wanted to. We pigged out on snacks, went for walks by ourselves, had sleepovers... it was just perfect. But that's when trouble reared its ugly head.

I don't recall much from our times together, next to none really, but I do know things went wrong and fell apart, and I ended up more broken than I figured I was, at the time. What was worse, she had friends who told kids at the high school about me. They had pictures of me on their phones. They'd make fun of me because I was chubby and 'little-miss-goody-two-shoes-Christian'. I was prank-called at least twice a week. And once my mother received a call from a drunk teen, and by the sounds of things he was definitely at a party. He asked if I could come out and play, and she panicked. She almost called the police but didn't, for some reason she never clarified with me.

Time went on, and the attacks grew gradually slower, but once I was approached physically, by two guys three years older than me. I was twelve at the time and with a friend, and we were at the grocery store to get ingredients to make cookies, and there they were. One walked up to me and asked,

"You Nicole?"

"Yeah...?" I answered.

"You're a virgin still, right?"

"Yeah...?" I answered again, not really understanding.

"Not for much longer." He smirked, and his friend laughed.

I got to my friend, we paid for our stuff and got the hell out of there.

So after all that, we moved to a small town 2 1/2 hours away. Out of my comfort zone, I became depressed and even considered suicide at one point. I had a couple times before (I considered 'disappearing') but now it was a serious thing I had to consider - well to me, at least. I am now getting psychiatrical help and patching things up with Jane, as she has gone through therapy as well and we are mending our friendship, slowly.