Submitted by @forevermacy

I think I should share this because I am actually really scared for my best friend. She is tough so I don't doubt her courage, but I think someone else should know about it. Let's call her Dani. Something about Dani that you should know is that she is just really random, especially when she likes a guy. She just likes different guys a lot of times. It's not like she dates them or kisses them. She just talks to them and likes them.

Well, it started late last year, or around September. About the time when football was still going but starting to slow down. My friends and a couple of the guys hung out in the field behind the bleachers. We played truth or dare, acted obnoxious, and just acted like teenagers who didn't think much of their football team losing.

At that time, this guy that we will call Jack came into the picture. He liked Dani at the time and she likes him now. I had a crush on Jack, but never mind that. So one day, she accepted his request to be his girlfriend. She liked him as a friend then, but after about five minutes, she said that she just liked him as a friend. I think this was when it started. At lunch, our table is right besides the guys' table. Now, Dani is a very social person. Sometimes, she would walk over to their table to show them a meme or whatever. This was when a couple of the guys started saying that she wanted to get in their pants.

I didn't think much of it at the time, but then one of my other friends started writing a book on Wattpad. When I read some of my friend's book, I realized that she pretty much made the "slut" of the story to act like a more psychotic version of Dani. We will just call this girl Lydia. So I called Lydia out on it. I told her that she shouldn't "slut" shame, which she just shrugged off.

I read this one story on Wattpad that was about a girl who was considered the "slut" of the school. I felt like the main character was sort of like my best friend. Dani has been bullied. To the guys that bully her, it seems like teasing. But you know how it feels to get teased. She told her mom who threatened to call the principal. Lydia started saying that it was dumb and that Dani's mom was overreacting.

I went along with it for some reason at the time. Then, I started talking about the slut shaming that went on in a lot of the books I read. Dani agreed so I told her that she should read the book that had the main character that seemed like Dani. She just finished the book and she was touched by it. I made the comment that a lot of the people in our school should read it as well. She agreed,and for the first time, I wondered if the comments that she seemed to ignore actually hurt her.

I was reading The UnSlut Project and I felt the need to share my friend's story. I know that this isn't the worst story of "slut" shaming, but I think that it might take a turn for the worse anytime soon. Dani doesn't really deserve it. She is just enjoying her life. After all, she is just a teenager. But I think people just can't seem to accept that. I guess that someone should just know.