Submitted by @HOPEfulpotato

When I was in grade 6 or 7 I didn't have Instagram like the other kids. Whenever I went to my friend Samm's house, we would take pictures of ourselves and post them on Instagram.

We both went to the same school and we made a few friends. Two 'friends' we had were named Opal and Jesse. After Samm and I both moved and posted pictures of us over the summer, Opal and Jesse liked the photo of us and told us to DM them (for those of you who don't know what DM is, it's like a texting thing on Instagram).

So, as we were asked, we DMed Opal. At first, she acted all nice and said stuff like, 'I haven't seen you guys in a while!' But I didn't really want to be her friend because Samm said she swore a lot and did stuff I wasn't comfortable with.

Samm and I told them before we left we didn't want to hang out with them, which wasn't nice and I apologized for that later. Opal then asked us why we didn't want to hang out with them anymore, so I told her why we didn't. She then said "What the hell?! We don't do that stuff!"

Then Opal and Jesse started calling us names such as 'Ugly' 'Slut' 'Whore' and 'Dumb.' We started ignoring them. But Opal and Jesse were pretty popular at our old school, and started telling people rumours about us. They said Samm and I paid guys to have sex with them and then they made the girls at our old school call us sluts on Instagram.

Samm was teased more than I was because she stayed at the school till grade 6 (when this all happened). So kids would call her names and spread more rumours about us. I actually started facing minor depression but that's another story.

Now, everything is sorta sorted out, but Opal still hates our guts. The girls that got involved had to say sorry after the teachers found out. Jesse doesn't hate us as much but I still try to avoid her.

So, after I faced minor depression because of this, I actually tried to commit suicide (I was thinking if I should add this) but my dad found out. Luckily I told him I wasn't suicidal and right now I have to pretend to be happy until I actually am. This goes to show how much words like 'Slut' and spreading rumours can hurt. So please, don't be that cruel kid who starts all this crap!

To learn more about The UnSlut Project, visit http://www.unslutproject.com and watch the short video below: