Submitted by @LyricsSparks, Author of Dark Secrets

I always found it odd, how people who claimed they loved each other are always stabbing each other in the back emotionally. With small words and phrases that sometimes spoke of whores and sluts. What is a whore? What is a slut?

Even as we joked with friends, we would go, "Oh you're such a hoe!" Yeah, it was all for jokes and laughs, but recently they haven't been. It's been aimed at the heart.

When I was in seventh grade, that's when my depression hit me, and in a lot of cases it changes the person for the worse. It didn't with me. I became a beautiful song lyric, which resulted in my nickname Lyrics Sparks. Even now sometimes I still struggle, but because of it I notice things, and I am also a very poetic and lyrical person. I played lives shows, wrote lyrics, made tattoo designs, and had the time of my life.

And seventh grade also happened to be the year I has my first boyfriend. I never was called a slut or whore or anything for it, until he thought it would be funny to make up jokes about us. Which people took as the truth.

I had his ex girlfriend text me and threaten me, saying I was a slut and I needed to back off. Me being the smart person I was and realizing I was only flipping twelve, I let my boyfriend break up with me. My mom didn't approve of a relationship either. And the thing, me and my best friend who happened to be a guy started getting closer, two years later in my freshman year.

Just recently the person I had trusted with everything decided to just let me go. My best friend was my shoulder to cry on. And ladies, we all know that when you get close to a guy and you're not dating yet or never will, all the rumors from all directions start coming in. And I think that is injustice. I understand why they would think that, but so? You really have nothing else better to you with your damn life, so you're gonna sit there and talk trash about something YOU DONT EVEN KNOW ABOUT.

I'm sorry for the outburst, but I'm a passionate person. I always have been. I'm a flaming little song lyric that is meant to speak out against injustice. I never really did get called a slut and whore all that much, but the times I did, in a manner ready to kill, was heart breaking.

But my way with words, my voice, my music, my way of expression was made to scream out against injustice. A beautiful purpose. So here's to the girls, and guys (cause guys get this shit too), I'm proud of you. I don't care if you just has sex with five guy or girls, or if you're a victim of stereotypes. I'm proud of you if you can put a middle finger in the air and smile before swerving toward a better direction. I really am. - Love, Lyrics Sparks