Submitted by @ghastlystories

I saw such inspirational stories on this, and decided to post my own. I will be using their real names, because I don't care if they see this, in fact I hope they do. It started in grade eight, when I had three close friends, and a crush. My friends were Emily, Kylee, and Nathan. My crush's name was Jacob. Almost everyone in the school knew I had a crush on him.

So I was eating lunch with my friends. My crush came to us and asked if he could sit with us. Of course I said yes, and we talked until lunch was nearly over. That's when it happened. My best friend Kylee dropped her open milk carton on my lap. Instantly I stood up, and all the girls were laughing, when a boy shouted, "She likes Jacob so much, she cummed!" Everyone laughed even harder, and I played it like it was nothing, but I was crying on the inside. Jacob rejoined his group and never sat with us again after that.

I thought in a month or so it would go away, but it only got worse. I was called the names "attention whore," "slut," and I don't even want to list the rest on here.

In grade nine, I finally got a boyfriend, Santiago. He was so sweet and caring, but he hated the attention he got for being MY boyfriend. So eventually, he dumped me. The girls only made fun of me. "She apparently dumped him because he didn't want to have sex." Or, "She got tired of her toy after a while, didn't she?" It hurt walking past girls whispering about me, and never hearing the end of it.

It didn't help when my other boyfriend, Daniel, only dated me because he wanted to have sex. When I turned him down for sex, he immediately dumped me. He started so many rumors. "She begged me for sex, but when I refused, she started making out with me anyway. The slut is nasty." That one I will remember for the rest of my life.

My friends slowly drifted away from me. I was rocketed into the world of depression. When I was depressed, I hid all my feelings. I felt like a robot, but eventually found my way out of depression.

After that, I didn't care what they said. I just didn't. But they all still tried to get under my skin. The rumors continued, and I continued to go on the road alone.

After grade nine, everything just stopped. I was a nobody again, which I didn't mind. Santiago and I got back together, and we're still together today. I'm in college. My point is, it gets better. People forget. You just need to stay strong through the suffering, and hold your head up high. That's my story, and thanks for reading <3