part 43

She meant everything for her back then. And she managed to ruin this relationship by killing their own kid. She remembered crushing Grace's heart in her palm while Grace was asleep. She was only a few weeks old when she found out about the prophesy. She couldn't let her evil side conquer her baby's soul and let her grow up to be a merciless killer. Emma never accepted the fact that Regina actually saved the world by killing her own child. Emma blamed Regina for taking a decision without asking her. That baby would grow up to conquer the world and be the biggest criminal the whole world ever seen. Emma thought if they raised the baby properly with manners and greatness in her heart she wouldn't harm anyone, but evilness was already planted in her since she was in her mother's tummy. Regina felt hot tears wetting her cheeks. She walked towards Emma's house and knocked the door. She felt the need to apologize but she didn't wanna scratch old wounds.
Emma: Hey... What's going on?
Regina wiped off her tears. She didn't like people watching her crying and become soft.
Regina: It's nothing .. can I come in?
Emma: Uh sure. We are having lunch with Henry.
Regina: oh I should better leave you two alone!
Emma: No! We don't mind you joining us.
Regina hardly smiled and walked in the house. Henry smiled broadly and stood up and hugged his mother.
Henry: Are you ok?
Regina: Well lots of things are going on.
Henry: Really?
Emma looked at Regina and noticed the diamond ring on her finger. Her eyes widened open. She wasn't sure if she should feel angry, cause Regina moved on so easily, or she should feel proud of her. She smiled shyly and rubbed Regina's shoulder.
Emma: I see you're getting married.
Henry: you are?
He asked and his eyes shined.
Regina: Yeah, robin proposed to me 15 minutes ago.
Emma: You said yes...
Emma added and looked down at the floor remembering their earlier conversation about commitment. Regina never accepted to marry Emma. She always felt like marriage wasn't for them. They should be free spirits, modern and take it slow. She felt jealous that Regina said yes to a man she wasn't ready to commit with and didn't accept her proposal.
Regina: I did.
(To be continued)