Chapter 24 heart break

Kemi laid on her bed in the dark room, although she was certain the sun was out and shining bright in all its glory. She flipped over and looked at the window. The little rays of light streaming in confirmed her suspicion that it was late morning. Kemi pulled off her blanket and was immediately hit by how cold the room was. She tiptoed to where she had dropped the remote for the air conditioning and turned it off before she rushed back to her bed and covered up again. The house was quiet, something Kemi was already used to. It was times like this she wished she had siblings. Oh she actually did, a brother she didn't know. Kemi glanced at the ticking clock beside her bed as her mind travelled to last night's events. Her lovely time with Kunbi, the kiss... Kemi shut her eyes and it was as if she was in his office kissing him again. She opened her eyes and sighed audibly. Antonio and the cheating. She couldn't get the image of his cheating out of her mind as much as she couldn't get the kiss out. Both warred in her mind all through the night. Especially the face of the lady he cheated on her with. Pale skin, blonde hair, blue eyes with a ring on her nose. Kemi was amazed at how much she noticed within that short period of time, may be because she obsessed over the girl all night.

She is not as pretty as I am. She was as pale as an ice fish. Kemi thought scornfully and groaned. She couldn't believe her wedding was off. Antonio was supposed to meet her parents during the holidays which was barely a month away. Now there was no way she was getting married anytime soon. Everything felt surreal to her. Maybe she shouldn't have come back to Nigeria because since her return, her life had become so messed up. Kemi got out of the bed and made her way to the bathroom where she stood in front of the mirror. Her eyes were swollen and her face puffy from crying all through the night. She also had a slight headache and felt as miserable as she looked. Kemi grabbed her tooth brush and opened the tap. After brushing her teeth, she washed her face with the water she had scooped with both her hands. She grabbed a white towel hanging and started to dry her face when she noticed the engagement ring on her finger. With a new surge of anger, Kemi Yanked it off her finger and stared at it for a while before she attempted to throw it into the water system. But no matter how she tried to let it go, she couldn't bring herself to that realization that her engagement was over. Kemi used her other hand to press her lips and stop herself from crying but the tears came nonetheless.

God please help me. She said a short prayer. She knew she should have prayed more. She had missed the peace that came with talking to God but she was too broken and lost to pray. Kemi returned to her room to see her phone flashing with a call. She picked up her phone and realized it was Antonio calling. It was about time he called after cheating on her. She wiped her tears and picked the call.

"I really don't have anything to say to you." Kemi spat.

"Kemi, listen to me. Let me explain."

"What is there to explain? I saw it clearly! As clear as skype video call can be. You cheated on me!" Kemi screamed, as more tears flowed.

"Look I didn't mean for that to happen."

"Oh really? She appeared naked on your bed right? You think I am stupid? You lying, cheating, junkie bastard!" Kemi shouted.

"Look Kemi I won't have you insult and blame me okay?" Antonio said matter-of-factly.

Kemi scoffed. "I am blaming you?" She laughed sarcastically. "Oh forgive me, it is my fault you cheated on me!!"

"Yes it is actually your fault."

"What?" Kemi couldn't believe what she was hearing. "You are insane!" She spat angrily.

"Now I am insane? I am insane because I have a sex drive that my fiancée cannot satisfy because she is a stupid virgin and I am forced into celibacy that I never bargained for." Antonio yelled! His accent becoming thicker as he spoke.