Chapter 5 News

Bill watched as people walked briskly up and down the shopping mall. He had closed for the day and stopped at the Palms, Victoria Island to get a few groceries.

"Thank you very much sir for your patronage." The young sales girl said, as she handed him his receipt. He smiled at her before taking his leave. She was a beautiful lady, but Bill had since resigned to have his eyes for one girl- his daughter.

After what Angela did to him, Bill learnt to keep it in his pants. Angela he thought. She was beautiful, so beautiful with skin, fair and smooth to near perfection. She appeared to be everything he wanted and for a while, he thought he was in love. Not until that pregnancy test showed positive. He would have married her. He wanted to marry her but Angela realised she could not spend the rest of her life with an aspiring entrepreneur. She wanted more than he could offer, so she left. Bill had insisted on having his daughter. The woman could go but not his daughter.

Fortunately for him, Angela gave Nicole up without a protest.

Now, Bill could afford anything his heart desired, anything money could buy but he couldn't afford another woman. Not because he didn't want one, or crave the touch of a woman but because he was scared of another Angela or a woman who wouldn't love Nicole like she was hers. Nicole was now his world and the wife he desired had to love Nicole like she was her world.

As Bill approached the exit, he caught a beautiful lady enter through the automatic door. She turned back to the security woman and smiled at something she said.

Her smile was captivating and Bill got a glimpse of it as she turned and kept walking towards him.

The sway of her hips, the subtle but sensual way her gown clung to her figure, the light pout of her full lips and damn! That low cut of hers made his mouth dry.

As he watched her, there was something familiar about her, but Bill was certain he could not have met such beauty and forget.

She got closer and the nagging feeling intensified until she smiled widely at him and said "Bill?"

Bill stopped dead in his tracks. Gracious God, this was his lucky day he thought.

"Bill Maiyaki?"

"Yes?" Who was this girl?

Tracey noticed the lack of recognition "Tracey Nkan."

"Oh my!!!!" He eyed her up and down. "Could this really be you?"

Tracey laughed and soon enough they were locked in an embrace.

"Tracey? Kemi's friend? The tomboy? Wow!"

"Hey!"

"I am sorry but I am just so surprised. What are you up to?"

"Well, I deal gold: rings, earrings, necklaces etc."

"That is amazing." Bill said honestly.

"I own..."

"A transport business. I know."

Tracey smiled up at Bill and his heart stopped for a few seconds, before it resumed beating faster.

"Wow!" He finally said to break the silence. "So do you still hear from Kemi?"

"Of course!" Tracey waved perfectly manicured nails at him as she demonstrated. Bill found his eyes following her every move. It was entrancing.

"She is back in Nigeria."

"WHAT? When?" Kunbi will be thrilled.

"Like a week ago."

"That is amazing."