Chapter 22- All for love

The sun was hot as well as bright.

Stella sat at a comfortable booth just by the window of chicken republic. She gently pulled her sun glasses and set it on top of the table mat that had the chicken republic red logo printed on it. The young waiter approached her with the cold bottle of water she had ordered for immediately she got in.

"Thank you very much." Stella smiled at him.

"My pleasure ma. Do you need any other thing?"

Stella glanced out of the window briefly. She wasn't sure how long it would take George to arrive that was if he was even coming. He didn't give a definite response when she called him about the meeting. How unfortunate was their predicament. If she was given another opportunity, Stella was certain she would make a better decision. A decision that involved her keeping her son? Or at least confiding in her husband about her mistake.

"Let me get back to you on that." She finally said.

"That's okay ma." The young waiter whose name tag had 'Bami' written on it smiled and left her.

Stella picked up her phone to dial George but changed her mind at the last minute. Honestly, she wanted to know if he still loved her. Even if it was just little, as little as to make him show up.

Time ticked on and Stella stole another glance at the parking lot. That was when she saw George by his land cruiser. He was dressed in a white caftan and dark brown leather sandals but he still managed to steal her breath even with the greying of his hair by the side of head. Will there ever be a time he wouldn't? Stella sat upright as she anticipated his entrance into the eatery.

Will he listen to what she had to say? He was there after all. But what if he was just going to insist on the divorce? Well, she was not going to give him one. Stella was more determined than she had ever been.

George walked in and glanced around before his eyes fell on her. She saw his eyes light up briefly before the light disappeared as quickly as it entered his eyes. He walked up to her, pulling out the chair opposite her before he sat down.

"Stella." He simply said while she signalled the waiter. The same waiter- Bami, came over, offering Stella a humble smile before looking at George.

"Good afternoon sir, what can I get for you?"

"Nothing." George said without looking at the waiter. His eyes were fixed on Stella. To say he didn't miss her would be a lie worthy of hell. He was living in a dark world without his sunshine Stella. But she hurt him and that was even more painful than a stab of the devil's pitchfork.

"George..." Stella began after dismissing the waiter and he noticed her lips quiver. Was she scared of him?

"How is Kemi doing?"

Stella swallowed and realized she was thirsty, so she cracked open her bottle water and took a little sip. "Kemi is fine."

George nodded and looked at everywhere but her face.

"Wouldn't you ask me how I am doing or you just don't care anymore?"

George studied Stella carefully. "You look fine to me." She actually looked more than fine and all he wanted was to hold his wife because that was exactly where she belonged. At least before the secret.

Stella nodded as she tried to ignore how his statement hurt. "Would you like me to order something else for you?"

George looked at her yet again, he missed how caring Stella was. "You said we needed to talk."