Chapter 14 Companion

Kemi stepped away from her closet holding a red knitted jacket she intended to wear over the white crop top she was wearing. She walked over to her full mirror and nodded in approval at her outfit and how well it blended with her black jeans and black boots, before she wore her hoop earrings. A quick glance at the wall clock and Kemi rushed over to her laptop to log into her skype. She was just in time for his call. She had missed seeing his face, though they spoke on phone daily. And just as predicted, Antonio's face popped up on the laptop screen at exactly 5pm.

"Hey darling!" Kemi called and gave him a heart melting smile.

"Babe!" how are you?" Antonio said back. His hair was damp as if he just got out of the shower and he was wearing a Caribbean shirt with the buttons free, revealing a gracious amount of his chest.

"Did you just shower?" Kemi asked, openly ogling her man.

"Something like that, I was at the pool. Just went for a dive to clear my head."

"Clear your head? Is there something wrong?"

"Not really... don't worry about it babe!!"

"But I am, talk to me" Kemi relaxed into the chair of her dresser.

"Nothing serious babe! Just that my manager wants to move my release date. And I am not cool with it."

"Why does he want that?"

"Because he wants me to add ten more paintings to the collection. I feel it is not my style. I release ten paintings in my collection. Everyone knows that! It is..."

"The famous ten paintings of Anny Russo." Kemi completed his statement.

"Exactly! Ten painting per collection is my signature. My style! Doing 20 will ruin that. But Kyle is insisting."

"And you don't want to consider his point of view?"

"Hell fucking no!"

"Language babe!"

"I am sorry. I am just pissed!"

"I understand."

Antonio who was looking away from the web cam, shifted and looked at her, brushing away his damp hair that covered his eyed in the process. His ocean blue eyes looked clearer and he looked so sexy in that moment. Kemi licked her lips.

"So how is my favourite girl doing today?"

"Favourite? I thought I was the one and only."

"That too." He said and gave her a sexy grin. Yes! Everything he did was sexy, he was a true Italian.

"She is alright!"

"Naaa! She is more than alright. I mean, you look damn hot babe! You are just so far away for me." He gave her a childish pout and Kemi thought he was just too cute.

"How are my in-laws?"

Kemi adjusted in her seat and looked at him. "Not so good love. They are having issues."

"Just as you suspected?"

"Yes!"

"So what's wrong?"

"Mum had a son before marrying dad and she didn't tell him about it until recently. My dad is pissed! He feels she lied to him and well, I am angry too. I have a half-brother I didn't even know about."

"Wow!"

"Yes!"

"That's deep! Is there any secret you want to tell me about?" Antonio asked Kemi. "I mean, tell me now before this will be us in twenty years."